Photography Fundamentals - 4 week course -
4 Modules covering the basics through to professional workflow.
NB: FUNDAMENTALS STARTS ON WEDNESDAY NIGHTS . PLEASE CHOOSE WHICH YOU PREFER BEFORE BOOKING - THE COURSE WORK SHOPS S WILL THEN RUN AT THE SAME DAY AND TIME FOR 4 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS.
3 Master photographers will educate you on good photography practices throughout these 4 weeks of inspiring learning.
Starting out in Photography? Then this 4 week course will teach you the camera basics right through to creative camera control, powerful image captures, essential workflow and post production principles.
Join our Live Online streaming with our professional tutors each week and learn the fundamentals of your camera that will give you excellent tools to begin your personal photographic journey.
In the next 4 weeks you will learn how to understand and love your camera, find your creativity and master not only the art of producing excellent exposures, but how to create well composed and striking images. We also cover practical and valuable advice on how to create and maintain an easy file management system, including software choices to post produce your images.
Below is a brief breakdown of our sessions. Each session runs for 2 hours consecutively for 4 weeks.
4 weeks course $240.00 inclusive GST
Each workshop can be booked separately for $79 each workshop - Please see individual workshops in On Live pull down menu to book individual sessions.
How to Use Your Digital SLR or Mirrorless Camera
This workshop demystifies the digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) or mirrorless camera system. As students practice taking digital photographs, you learn how to use all the settings and functions of your camera. Topics include auto white balance, colour space, colour temperature, formatting, correct exposure for digital images, and the advantages of shooting in different file formats. What lenses to choose and why. Participants explore the many camera functions that allow you to quickly problem solve exposures and light.
How to take Creative Control using Manual
This session is all about how to use and control your Aperture, Shutter and ISO. Two words: total control. There are no real surprises once you’ve truly mastered manual mode, as you’ll have full control of the three major points of the exposure triangle aperture, shutter speed and ISO. We will also cover how to 'build' a picture from concept to finish. Manual controls allows one more freedom to enhance, manipulate and master applied photographic applications.
Taking great images is a matter of learning foundation techniques and ‘finding your photographic eye’. In this workshop we discover how to create a well-composed picture and how to communicate its message clearly and effectively.
Taking control of the camera is one thing but taking control of your vision is another.
Capturing great images is one thing, but keeping them organised is quite another. In this class, we look at the best, most efficient ways to store, browse, and catalogue your images and various software programs available to use.. Learn how to sort and tag your pictures, find out how external hard drives can provide cost-effective storage, and explore the differences between various image file types. We also cover the ins and outs of image backups to protect against data loss.
After these 4 sessions you are ready to delve deeper into the world of photography with confidence. These workshops are designed to give you knowledge and some technical knowhow so you can advance into some of very creative areas of photography. The subject of Compositional for example can take literally a year to complete but we give you ideas and fundamental principles that will allow you to think differently when setting up for your shot.
Each week, you'll be given a practical assignment, the results of which will be reviewed by your instructor.
About the workshop:
Tutors: Your tutors are professional working photographers.
You will have 2 to 3 professional tutors during this course.
Class size: minimum 2; maximum 15
Time: 10am to 12 pm on selected Saturdays.
Meeting point: Your place. We will send you an invite with all the log in details 2 days before each session.
What to bring:
- A computer with an inbuilt camera or a webcam.
- Your compact camera or DSLR camera and lenses
- Fully charges batteries
- NotebooK and pen
While we will understand life throws us challenges in certain circumstances, your last minute cancellation can run the risk of disappointing others. We will run a workshop on a minimum number so as not to disappoint you but If the class is a small one than last minute cancellations cannot be changed. If the class is a full class then we can certainly accomodate rebooking you on other date.
We are looking forward to meeting you on one of our courses.
Any questions please contact Sharon 0411 370 577
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will learn
- In the next 4 weeks you will learn how to understand and love your camera, find your creativity and master not only the art of producing excellent exposures, but how to create well composed and striking images. We also cover practical and valuable advice on how to create and maintain an easy file management system, including software choices to post produce your images.
What you will get
- TUTORS: A professional photographer
- Detailed Aperture Club course notes will be emailed on completion of each tutorial.
What to bring
- A DSLR, or compact digital camera (that offers manual settings). This can include a Smart Phone with the appropriate apps to control settings. Please make sure you bring the manual in case you need to use it.
- A digital SLR camera, compact camera (with manual settings)
- Lens hood / cleaning cloth
- At least 1 Memory Card
- At least 1 set of spare batteries - fully charged
- Your camera manual
- Camera bag
What to wear
Suitable for beginners or photographers wanting to revisit their cameras
What you will learn
- What you will learn In the next 4 weeks you will learn how to understand and love your camera, find your creativity and master not only the art of producing excellent exposures, but how to create well composed and striking images. We also cover practical and valuable advice on how to create and maintain an easy file management system, including software choices to post produce your images. What you will get
What you will get
- Expert tuition from an expert photographic Educator! All workshop notes supplied
What to bring
- A computer
What to wear
Suitable for beginners through to amateurs and anyone wanting to refresh their knowledge.
Vendor since 2015
The Aperture Club runs photography workshops and tours that allow you to develop your creativity, meet like-minded people and be part of an evolving exciting club with endless possibilities.
The Aperture Club is a social classroom of practical and interactive learning.
The various photography workshops, tours, day and weekend excursions are designed to create an environment that helps you think like a photographer, understand observation and learn to capture what you see.
Discover your passion or just becoming more knowledgeable with your camera.
Allow yourself to explore new techniques and to develop a new understanding of photography.
Being part of The Aperture Club also allows you to get away from regular life, spend uninterrupted time meeting new friends, identify your interests and enjoy the fun and adventure of photography.
We look forward to you growing with us…
The Aperture Club has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at The Aperture Club or organised by The Aperture Club must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by The Aperture Club.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give The Aperture Club unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at The Aperture Club classes and events or on The Aperture Club's premises. (For use of The Aperture Club marketing materials).
The Aperture Club requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
1). Registration and Payment
Full payment (and any associated extra’s and booking fees) must be paid in full at the time of booking to ensure your place on the photography workshop or special event.
2). Cancellation and Refund Policy
1. If a photography workshop or special event is cancelled by us, or re-scheduled due to bad weather or any other emergency you can re-book onto another scheduled date for the same workshop or special event. If no alternative date is available a refund will be provided and must be accepted a full and final settlement.
2. If you need to cancel a workshop or special event, this must be made in writing (email) and the following cancellations fees will apply;
a. If cancelled 15 days (or more) in advance of the workshop or special event date, the cancellation fee is 50%.
b. No refund is available if you cancel 14 days (or less) before the start date of the workshop or special event.
3. The Aperture Club is not responsible for any other costs which participants may incur including but not limited to travel, car rental, insurance, photographic purchases and/or rentals.
Through the course of the day, images of the group including individual participants may be taken and subsequently used for marketing of The Aperture Club. Please inform us prior to the photography workshop or special event if you prefer to be excluded from any images used to market The Aperture Club. Requests need to be made in writing (email) in advance of the workshop or special event start date.
4). Gift Vouchers – Conditions of Use
1. Gift vouchers are to be redeemed by person named on the voucher only and can be exchanged for any workshop or special event offered through The Aperture Club.
2. Gift vouchers can not be redeemable for cash.
3. Gift vouchers may be used as part or full payment for any workshop or special event. If the fees are more than the amount specified on the voucher the bearer of the voucher must pay the additional fees, being the difference between the value of the voucher and the total cost of the workshop or special event being booked. If the cost of the workshop or special event is less than the amount specified on the voucher, no refund is provided.
3. Gift Vouchers must be redeemed with 365 days of the date of purchase.
5). Workshop Schedule and Agenda
All photography workshops and special event schedules and plans are subject to change at our discretion depending upon, but not limited to, adverse weather, health and safety considerations, or any other factor as determined by us.
6). Limit of Liability
The Aperture Club; Sharon Hickey, Shane Rozario and Warren Smith accept no liability for death, illness, accident or injury or loss or damage to photo equipment or personal belongings during the course of any workshop or special event, or in transit thereto. We do not accept any responsibility for loss or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services provided. We reserve the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the workshop or special event due to exceptional circumstances. The Aperture Club’s liability shall be limited to the total value of the workshop or special event. The Aperture Club is not liable for any indirect or consequential loss. By booking and paying for any workshop or special event offered by The Aperture Club, participants acknowledge that they are aware of the risks of personal injury and deem themselves physically capable of safely taking part in the workshop or special event. Further they release The Aperture Club, Sharon Hickey, Shane Rozario, Warren Smith, guest presenters, guest speakers, assistants, trainees and models from all liability for death, injury, illness, accident or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in the workshop or special event.
7). Your Agreement to this contract
In reserving a place on the photography workshop or special event and paying the appropriate fee/s, you agree to accept all of the above terms and conditions. The person who makes the booking does so on behalf of all of the individuals included in that booking; all are bound by the same terms and conditions.
For terms and conditions associated with a Meetup, please refer to the general ‘Terms and Conditions’ listed on the Meetup website, which you agreed to when you registered as a Member of Meetup.