Laser Safety Course
Necessary as a prerequisite for laser licensing in Queensland, our Laser Safety course has been specifically design to equipped you with the Trainee Licences required to operate IPL & Laser Equipment! Upon completion of the course your application to train on and operate laser machinery for hair removal, Skin Rejuvenation, Superficial Capillary Reduction and Tattoo Removal will be handled and lodged on your behalf by The French! You will then be ready to begin logging your supervised laser hours (in each of the four areas) that are required to apply for your Laser User Licences.
4 days face to face theory learning at The French Medi-Clinic (Delivered over 2 weeks - Thursday & Friday)
Upon completion of our Laser Safety and Infection Control course you will be licenced to:
- Operate laser machinery and begin to log supervised trainee hours in Hair Removal, Skin Rejuvenation, Superficial Capillary Reduction and Tattoo Removal
Laser Hair Removal Technician
Designed specifically for Beauty Therapists wishing to upskill and position themselves for employment with leading medi and laser clinics, our Laser Hair Reduction Course will get you confident and licensed to safely deliver Laser Hair reduction treatments - the beauty industry’s most in demand treatment! Under the guidance of our expert Laser Educators you’ll be hands on in our purpose built medi-clinic logging the practical hours required to receive the necessary QLD state licence to carry out Laser Hair Reduction treatments.With this course, you will quicken your on the job training time, improve your earning capacity as a therapist and better position yourself for hair technician roles with medi-clinics and spas.
12 days (minimum) face to face learning at The French Medi-Clinic
- 4 days theory face-to-face (Thursday & Friday)
- 8 days practical logging hours in-clinic (Thursday, Friday, Saturday availability after your initial 4 theory days)*
- Fully licensed in Laser Hair Removal
- Trainee Licences in Skin Rejuvenation, Capillary Reduction and Tattoo Removal with the ability to continue logging the required hours for these licences
The French Beauty Academy handles and submits to Radiation Health on your behalf all applications and licenses to train on and operate laser machinery (including initial training licence and user license) which means upon graduation you are fully licensed to deliver Laser Hair Reduction treatments.The French Beauty Academy works closely with Radiation Health and are recognised for our quality of training. This means there is no waiting times for your trainee licence and your user licence application will be fast tracked.
Laser Safety Certificate:(4 days in total over 2 wks - Thurs & Fri) Laser Safety Certificate and Laser Hair Removal: (12 days min. Theory: 4 days over 2 wks (Thurs and Fri) and 8 days logging hours in clinic - Thurs, Fri & Sat availability)
- How to operate laser equipment to comply with industry standards and government regulations
- Logging practical laser hours delivery laser hair reduction treatments in clinic (if purchased)
- Laser Safety Certificate accreditation & HLTIN402B Maintain Infection Control Standards
- Trainee Licences in Laser Hair Removal, Skin Rejuvenation, Superficial Capillary Reduction and Tattoo Removal
- Open User Licence in Laser Hair Reduction (if Laser Hair Technician course if purchased)
- Uniform - Scrubs (if Laser Hair Technician course if purchased)
- Laser safety certificate and HLTIN402B Maintain Infection Control Standards qualification
- Water bottle
- Pen and notebook
- Student diary / phone calendar
Long black pants, a black shirt & closed-in black shoes (we recommend comfortable ballerina flats) If your hair touches your shoulders, place in either a neat bun or ponytail Natural makeup should be worn (foundation/bb crème and mascara at minimum)
Pre-Requisite: SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy or Equivalent, Enroled or Registered Nurse
Vendor since 2016
The French Beauty Academy is Australia’s premier beauty training Academy.
Our short course program has been specifically designed for beginners with an interest in beauty to take the very first steps in industry and explore their passion, and for expert makeup artist to build upon their skill set and expertise in particular areas of interest.
Short course students are guided by our expert educators who have travelled the world as leading makeup artists and beauty therapists.They have worked across the fashion runways of the world, on blockbuster films and television sets with movie stars, celebrities and top end fashion designers, and for luxury and world leading beauty brands like MAC, Chanel, Lancôme, Giorgio Armani and Estee Lauder.
The French Beauty Academy prides itself on its professional standards and delivery for its students. These standards are documented in the Policies and Procedures page. We would ask you to please ensure you have thoroughly read and understood all information on this page and the associated attachments or links.
Policies related to short courses booked and purcahsed through WeTeachMe are governed by the below Terms and Conditions.
Cancellations and Refunds
The Academy reserves the right to cancel courses. Students booked into courses that are cancelled by The Academy will be refunded the full course fee plus any transaction fees.
Due to the small number of students per class cancellation requests from students must be received more than 3 business days before the course start date. The cancellation policy is listed below:
Cancellations with more than 3 business days notice
- Charged $25 administrative fee
- Refunded full amount less transaction/concierge/credit card fees used to process the transaction. These are fees are found on the WeTeachMe website and are currently 4% + 20 cents per transaction.
- Cancellation requests must be submitted through the cancellation request form located on The Academy's website
- Cancellations are processed within 7 business days
Cancellations with less than 3 business days notice
- Classes can be re-booked and charged a rebooking fee per the absentee policy.
- Charged a $25 administrative fee
- Rescheduling is permitted if notice is provided with more than 3 business days prior to the course commencement date.
- Reschedule requests received with less than 3 business days notice are categorized as absentee. Refer to the absentee policy below.
- Reschedule requests must be submitted through the reschedule request form located on The Academy's website.
The following section relates to students who have fail to attend their booked class or cancel with less than 3 business days notice.
- Students are charged a $25 fee to rescheudle a missed class
- Reschedule requests must be received within 7 days of the original missed class date
- All rescheduling requests must be received through our rescheduling form.
- Failure to rebook a new course date within 7 days of the original booked course date via the form will result in forfeiture of the entire course fee.
It is the student's responsibility to rebook a new session within 1 week of the original date.