Cooking Class - Mediterranean diet and Greek Cuisine
Join Kelly from The Hellenic Odyssey, a Greek home cook with a proud heritage, for a Greek cooking class, as we come together to create a generous spread of food and to learn about the Mediterranean diet, its origins and its benefits.
You will learn how to prepare traditional authentic dishes that you won’t commonly find in a Greek restaurant. Instead, it is food that you would expect to eat in the kitchen of a Greek family home.
The Mediterranean Diet is a dietary pattern modelled on the eating habits of the Cretans in the 1950s. Nowadays, it is the most comprehensibly researched diet in the world with evidence showing that it is incredibly beneficial for physical & mental health.
The Mediterranean Diet follows 10 basic rules of eating. Therefore, it not only looks at what we eat but how we eat. It rests on the premise that the very basic act of eating brings people together, it creates a sense of community, it allows for discussion time and it provides enjoyment through the sense of taste. Hence, food forms an important part of the human experience. Food makes us feel, it evokes emotion and memories.
We will put into practice the key element of the diet which looks into how we eat. As the Mediterranean diet places a lot of focus on the role of food within the home environment, we will prepare all the meals together and sit down on the table to enjoy eating together.
Greek food is not only about sharing food and passing down recipes taught from grandmothers and mothers but it also ensures the recipes are not forgotten. Secondly, it also follows deeply seeded traditions that imply that one’s home is a welcoming and hospitable environment which is open to all.
- Learn about the Mediterranean based diet, its health benefits and the 10 ground rules of the Mediterranean diet
- How to make traditional Greek food using authentic family recipes
- Cooking lesson with authentic recipes to take home with you
- Prepare and consume all the food
- A Greek host guiding and demonstrating the recipes
- An appetite!
Comfortable clothes and closed shoes
Open to all skill levels
Vendor since 2020
Cooking classes in Melbourne is what we are known for. We specialise in providing traditional and authentic cooking classes with a focus on the Mediterranean diet and Greek cuisine. We love what we do and want to share our knowledge of cooking and food with those who want to learn in a fun and inviting environment from a passionate home cook.
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds will not be processed. To request a transfer, The Hellenic Odyssey requires at least 3 days notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Missed classes. The Hellenic Odyssey does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with The Hellenic Odyssey to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by The Hellenic Odyssey, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at The Hellenic Odyssey or organised by The Hellenic Odyssey must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by The Hellenic Odyssey
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give The Hellenic Odyssey unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at The Hellenic Odyssey classes and events or on The Hellenic Odyssey premises. (For use of The Hellenic Odyssey marketing materials).
The Hellenic Odyssey does not provide refunds but allows transfers.
In the event that a class is cancelled by The Hellenic Odyssey, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.