Masterclass & Food Tour
Masterclass & Food Tour
- Follow me into Richmond to learn about the best places to shop for all your asian foods needs. Groceries, meat, seafood and Veg. You will no longer be confused about which soy, which tofu, which noodle and which vegie to choose, after this trip.
- Visit the Asian Kitchenware shop where you'll get a 10% discount
- You will learn how to make a range of some of our favourite dishes
- How to share the joys of making and eating food together
- how to demystify shopping for asian food - vegies, groceries, meat, seafood, sauces, noodles and more
- learn tools of the trade and cooking techniques like stir-fry and hot pots
- a full menu of some of The Humble Dumplings favourite recipes
- A welcome cup of chinese tea and a range of other home brews to try throughout the day
- An invitation into my home - class sizes are limited to 6 so it feels more like being with friends and family than a classroom
- An opportunity to learn more about Asian food, by sourcing it, preparing it, cooking it and eating it.
- A shopping experience to set you on your way confidently to the butcher, the fish monger, the green grocer and the Asian grocery store
- A whole day masterclass and lunch which will introduce you to new and exciting dishes you can re-create at home
- A beautiful sit down lunch of course
- Aprons and recipes provided
- small notepad and pen for taking notes
- Shopping bag- if you want to stock up on things
- BYO to have with your lunch (optional)
casual clothes and closed toe shoes.
This class is for everyone, but particularly for those wanting to learn more about Asian ingredients and to expand beyond dumplings. Please note that I am unable to accommodate special dietary requirements in this class.
Vendor since 2015
For me, cooking has always been about the sharing of food. It’s about the anticipation of sitting down together and having quality time to talk and share a meal.
I am the daughter of Chinese cooking legend Elizabeth Chong and granddaughter to pioneering and dim-sim inventor William Wing Young. In so many ways I have always been surrounded by food. I went on to study Horticulture but found myself always wanting to plant veggies in peoples front gardens. Later, I designed Victoria’s first fully accredited Asian Cookery course at William Angliss Institute of TAFE where I taught for nearly 20yrs.
Today, my business The Humble Dumpling, is a return to my roots and family traditions. I grew up surrounded by aunties, uncles, grandparents and many many cousins who gathered every Sunday to make dumplings. I have such fond memories of those days and hope that my workshops and events will go some of the way towards sharing my wonderfully rich food culture.