Melbourne Food experiences: Workshops, Cooking Classes and Food Tours.
Team Building | Corporate Events |Hen's Parties | Private Groups |
For Groups of 6-16ppl
Minimum fee of $700 applies for 6 ppl
Get in touch with The Humble Dumpling to chat about a date and what you have in mind.
- Hands on cooking in the kitchen: Dumplings, Street Foods, Techniques & Methods
- How to identify and understand authentic Asian ingredients and Asian Food Culture
- How to have fun in the kitchen
- An opportunity to choose a date and time that suits you and your private group
- An opportunity to create and then share a wonderful meal together
- An opportunity to pick fresh herbs and vegies from the garden to add to the menu
- An open heart and mind
- A healthy appetite
- BYO (optional)
comfortable clothing and closed toe shoes.
These workshops are for those who want to create their own private event
Vendor since 2015
For me, cooking has always been about the sharing of food. It’s about the anticipation of sitting down together and having quality time to talk and share a meal.
I am the daughter of Chinese cooking legend Elizabeth Chong and granddaughter to pioneering and dim-sim inventor William Wing Young. In so many ways I have always been surrounded by food. I went on to study Horticulture but found myself always wanting to plant veggies in peoples front gardens. Later, I designed Victoria’s first fully accredited Asian Cookery course at William Angliss Institute of TAFE where I taught for nearly 20yrs.
Today, my business The Humble Dumpling, is a return to my roots and family traditions. I grew up surrounded by aunties, uncles, grandparents and many many cousins who gathered every Sunday to make dumplings. I have such fond memories of those days and hope that my workshops and events will go some of the way towards sharing my wonderfully rich food culture.