Dumpling Workshop - bringing people and food together around a shared table.
A hands-on Wonton Workshop where participants will learn:
- How to make Wonton
- How to make broth
- How to make Sichuan & Chilli oil
- How to make crispy Wonton
Interested in a private workshop, work function, or family gathering?
Gather some of your mates, family and work colleagues for fun, team building or celebration.
Contact The Humble Dumpling to organize a custom date and time.
- You will learn to make different kinds of wonton filling
- You will learn how to make wonton with both, wonton w chilli oil and crispy fried wonton
- Knowledge about asian cuisine and culture
- A welcome snack & cup of chinese tea
- Sit-down lunch to enjoy the feast (byo wine and beer)
- Students need to advise of any dietary requirments 1 week prior to event
- an appetite
- BYO beer or wine. (optional)
casual clothes and closed toe shoes.
this class is for appropriate for everyone
Vendor since 2015
For me, cooking has always been about the sharing of food. It’s about the anticipation of sitting down together and having quality time to talk and share a meal.
I am the daughter of Chinese cooking legend Elizabeth Chong and granddaughter to pioneering and dim-sim inventor William Wing Young. In so many ways I have always been surrounded by food. I went on to study Horticulture but found myself always wanting to plant veggies in peoples front gardens. Later, I designed Victoria’s first fully accredited Asian Cookery course at William Angliss Institute of TAFE where I taught for nearly 20yrs.
Today, my business The Humble Dumpling, is a return to my roots and family traditions. I grew up surrounded by aunties, uncles, grandparents and many many cousins who gathered every Sunday to make dumplings. I have such fond memories of those days and hope that my workshops and events will go some of the way towards sharing my wonderfully rich food culture.