Using saws, planes and other tools, we will make and shape a lovely chopping board.
A nice gift for Mum? So much fun to make too...learn some real woodworking skills!
- Make your very own chopping board!
- Create a fantastic work of art with confidence.
- Learn to use saws, planes and other hand tools as we make this nice project.
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher
- All materials and equipment supplied
- Take home your beautiful completed board ready for use.
- Just your curiosity, enthusiasm and love for crafting with wood!
Sturdy covered shoes essential for both kids and any accompanying parents. Comfortable casual clothing recommended.
For kids aged 6 to 14. Open to absolute beginners. Parents welcome to accompany their children.
Vendor since 2016
I often feel I am the luckiest person alive, as I do restoration/renovation/repair work on lovely old houses, build furniture and joinery for discerning customers, and engage in community projects with my woodworking skills and experience. What a delight it is to work with wood every day: To feel the pleasures of that interaction between wood, mind, body and hand tools; to convert rough looking or old timber into dimensioned material and products of great beauty; and to make a contribution towards a more sustainable existence by recycling timber which would otherwise have gone into land fill.
Check out our workshops. Our focus is on traditional hand tool woodworking skills and techniques - from the foundational skills to the very advanced skills. Therefore we can make just about anything!