Master the art of terrarium making with one of Melbourne’s finest mini landscapers, Amy Wong from Petite Green. In this fun and interactive workshop you’ll learn all about terrarium design, plant selection for both open & closed terrariums, soil composition and terrarium care, along with some of Amy’s secrets for terrarium success!
Everything you need to create your own unique terrarium will be provided, all you need to bring is a glass container and your imagination!
All other materials will be supplied including a variety of unique ferns and indoor plants, moss, soil, rocks, plastic figurines and other items to create your terrarium.
Come get your hands dirty and join us for a fun afternoon/ evening of creating your own miniature world that will stay green all year long!
About the tutor
Amy Wong from Petite Green has been making terrariums and has taught countless others her craft over the past five years in Melbourne. She has run workshops in both Sydney and Melbourne and lectured at The University of Melbourne. Not only does she create terrariums with meticulous detail, she also takes great pride in producing fun and educational workshops. You can find Amy’s terrariums at various boutiques, pop-up stores and markets across Melbourne or online at: http://petitegreen.com.au/
Duration: 90 Minutes
- Master the art of terrarium making with one of Melbourne’s finest mini landscapers
- Learn all about terrarium design, plant selection for both open & closed terrariums, soil composition and terrarium care
- Create your own unique terrarium will be provided
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher!
- Everything you need to create your own unique terrarium including a variety of unique ferns and indoor plants, moss, soil, rocks, plastic figurines
- A clean 2 to 4 litre glass vessel (please make sure the opening is large enough that you can fit your hand into it)!
- A clear fish bowl, candy jar or apothecary jar are all great options! (or buy one from me)
- 15cm Bowl (Materials fee $15 - optional)
- Candy Jar ($20 - optional if you want to buy glassware from the teacher)
Vendor sincce 2017
The Make It Collective is a vibrant community of Australian creatives and lovers of handmade. Our New retail, workshop and Gallery space is now open The Make It Collective Shop + Maker space 264 High St Northcote. Come and learn in a safe and friendly environment!