Understanding the character's place in the story is the most challenging task an actor faces. Misjudging this choice means that everything that follows is destined to be ineffective. The Rehearsal Room techniques explain powerful processes that turn this confusion into clear and practical options.
What is more they provide great flexibility to a number of highly professional options that will impress casting directors and directors. Amazingly simple concepts that deliver very potent results.
- A clear understanding of acting theory
- Techniques that are powerful on the stage and essential for the screen
- Generating rich complexity and emotional clarity
- Exercises that make it clear how these techniques work
- Handouts that explain in detail the core issues
- An inspiring quantity of excitingly clear and practical theory
- The opportunity to ask questions and get clear answers
- A totally professional approach to learning
- Bring your enthusiasm and your acting diary to make notes. Once enrolled you will be emailed some scenes. Bring a hard copy of the scene or scenes you are interested in is a good idea.
Actors over the age of 18 who want to create more diverse characters and deliver powerful stories.
Vendor since 2017
The Rehearsal Room is run by TV Director Richard Sarell who directed television drama for more than 25 years. During that time, he evolved an approach to acting that trains actors in techniques that enable them to compete and survive in the modern world of screen performance.
The techniques are based on simple principles that quickly produce professional results. They enable the actor to create complex real characters that are perfect for the screen but are also relevant for the stage. These classes enable actors to make choices that drive the character's interactions in a way that generates a compelling dramatic performance. The actors skill is to engage an audience because they feel they are watching a real life interaction. These classes provide the tools to deliver those outcomes.
Richard has been conducting workshops for professional actors in Australia and New Zealand for two decades, working with institutions such as the Australian Film, Television and Radio School (AFTRS), Australian Screen Directors Association (ASDA), National Theatre Drama School, Federation University and the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA).
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.