Florography - A hybrid of floral appreciation and photography
Advanced Florogrpahers! We have the most amazing flower-filled Advanced class for taking your images to the next level!
The School has teamed up with Olympus and Atkins Photo Lab to bring your advanced skills to life, and our amazing teacher Texan Ashley Woodson Bailey will guide you through the process while you use real the cameras Ash uses to create her large prints.
You will leave the class with two A3 size prints and one A2 print on the same pure cotton ultra thick Fine Art German Hahnemühle paper. Each print will be carefully packaged for you to take home. David and the Atkins crew will give you tips and ideas about how to have your print framed.
Ash will show you how to best use an SLR (Olympus OM-D/E-M1) to capture the poetry of her flower, as well as your own back home arrangements when back home.
Teacher: Ashley Woodson Bailey
Duration: 3 hours (1pm - 4pm)
- A hybrid of floral appreciation and photography.
- The most amazing flower-filled Advanced class for taking your images to the next level!
- We have teamed up with Olympus and Atkins Photo Lab to bring your advanced skills to life.
- 2 A3 prints and 1 A2 print on Canon rag paper, and 1 print on 8x10" Hahnemuhle paper
- loan of SLR camera (unfortunately we have to give the Olympus cameras back though )
- take home flowers
- endless sweet treats & tea!
- Bring your advanced skills to life, and our amazing teacher Texan Ashley Woodson Bailey will guide you through the process while you use real the cameras Ash uses to create her large prints.
Vendor since 2016
Megan Morton is a stylist. One of Australia's leading ones. Prolific as well as passionate, she is known for her generosity when it comes to knowledge – her ex-assistants are now some of the best in their respective fields. She comes from a family of teachers and with three books written on the topic of interiors, Things I Love and Home Love (Lantern, Penguin) and a kids interiors book called I Love My Room (published by Thames and Hudson). Put simply sharing comes naturally to her.
Which brings us to this part of her story.
In a world of information overload, Megan’s Styling Master Classes, and all the other classes at The School, will ignite your inner creative and help you discover the magic that happens when you work with your hands and your heart. Tuition from the best-of-the-best craftspeople inside the industry will give you insights into the coveted worlds of craft, styling and design. Crafter-noons and make-it-yourself lessons from our specially selected teachers are structured with all levels of experience in mind.
You will make new friends, learn new skills, make a mess you wont need to clean up and be our guest. All classes are held in our beautiful purpose-built Rosebery studio – ginormous white spaces full of potential and possibility for your inner creative. A comment we hear often on the blog airwaves, Instagram and kind letters to our office is, 'it was the best day ever!". Big call but really is true.