Introduction to Botanical Art
In this watercolour art workshop, Jessie (Jessie Rose Ford) will guide you through her step-by-step process to create your own botanical painting.
You will gain an understanding in:
- How to draw your subject accurately
- Transferring your drawing onto watercolour paper
- Observing light, shade and form
- Basic colour theory
- Matching and mixing the correct colour
- Watercolour techniques including wet-in-wet, blending and dry brush
- An appreciation for the minutiae of nature!
This workshop welcomes students of all experience levels, from beginners to advanced.
Jessie Rose Ford is a Melbourne-based artist and tutor specialising in botanical art and pet portraits. You can find out more and see some of her work here:
- Drawing and observational skills
- Watercolour painting techniques
- Colour mixing and matching with watercolour
- Your own beautiful painting to take home
- Knowledge in how to create your own botanical artworks
- Confidence in painting with watercolour
- All art materials and snacks are provided!
Something comfortable that you won't mind getting a little bit of paint on.
All are welcome, from beginners to more advanced painters
Vendor since 2017
Think is a combined shopfront and creative workshop venue in Thornbury founded in 2017 by Melbourne artist Maggie May (from the Middle Aisle), and musician and educator Joshua Kelly.
Think formed to nurture and support a local community of artists and creators, while simultaneously empowering people to develop creative thought through their interactions with artists’ products and workshops.
The store has a strong focus on local Australian made and ethically produced products, whilst the workshop venue connects customers directly to these makers through workshops and other creative events.
Bookings are strictly not transferable to other dates. Please double check the date of the workshop before booking, cancellations will result in forfeit of payment.
Please note there are no refunds on classes and classes cannot be switched post booking. By purchasing this class you agree to these terms and conditions. However, if you’re unable to attend please feel free to send someone else in your place.
We often take photographs during our workshops to share through our instagram @thinkthornbury or with our community. Our photographs often contain your hands while you work but may also show your face. If you do not consent to have your (or your child's) photograph taken and shared on our social media platforms and/or website please let us know before the workshop begins.
You can send us an email prior to class email@example.com or just give us a heads up at the start of class.
We want to make sure you feel comfortable and at home in Think Thornbury!