Get ready for an interactive and fun workshop to kick start your brush lettering goals!
In this workshop, Amy from Art by Ames will show you:
• How to use some of her favourite brush lettering tools
• Basic brush lettering drills
• Basic lettering techniques
• Letter formation
• Watercolour lettering and blending techniques
• BONUS: Faux calligraphy and foiling!
This is for you if:
• You've always wanted to try brush lettering but don't know where to start
• You've been trying to learn how to do brush lettering via Youtube or Instagram
and don't have it quite right
• You want to have a fun creative afternoon with friends and family members
• You are ready to unlock your creative and challenge yourself to try something
- Knowledge of the tips and tricks behind basis brush lettering
- Know how to use different tools to achieve the brush lettering effect
- How to grow in your creativity even after the class has finished
- A collection of Amy's favourite tools and materials for you to take home to continue practicing (brush pen, chalk paint pen, watercolour brush pen and more)
- Brush lettering worksheets developed by Art by Ames
- Immediate access to Art by Ames' new facebook group to continue your creative journey
- A word or phrase you may like to use and practice with
All are welcome! No prior lettering or calligraphy experience required - just show up with a lot of patience and enthusiasm
Vendor since 2017
Think is a combined shopfront and creative workshop venue in Thornbury founded in 2017 by Melbourne artist Maggie May (from the Middle Aisle), and musician and educator Joshua Kelly.
Think formed to nurture and support a local community of artists and creators, while simultaneously empowering people to develop creative thought through their interactions with artists’ products and workshops.
The store has a strong focus on local Australian made and ethically produced products, whilst the workshop venue connects customers directly to these makers through workshops and other creative events.
Bookings are strictly not transferable to other dates. Please double check the date of the workshop before booking, cancellations will result in forfeit of payment.
Please note there are no refunds on classes and classes cannot be switched post booking. By purchasing this class you agree to these terms and conditions. However, if you’re unable to attend please feel free to send someone else in your place.
We often take photographs during our workshops to share through our instagram @thinkthornbury or with our community. Our photographs often contain your hands while you work but may also show your face. If you do not consent to have your (or your child's) photograph taken and shared on our social media platforms and/or website please let us know before the workshop begins.
You can send us an email prior to class firstname.lastname@example.org or just give us a heads up at the start of class.
We want to make sure you feel comfortable and at home in Think Thornbury!