This July - one day intensive workshop. Saturday 6th July 10am to 2pm.
Crochet is a language of its own, but a language that also differs from the UK to the US. In an eternal battle between metric and imperial, singles vs doubles (and we don't mean tennis), letters vs sizes, weight vs ply... it is enough to leave you curled in the corner of the yarn department rocking back and forth. But we are here to demystify this crazy confusion and leave you with an addiction to crochet!
We have developed a course that will thoroughly explain all the elements of crochet. You'll get a great understanding of the terminology, tools, yarn weights and types, how to hold your hands, reading patterns, making swatches to check your tension/gauge and of course creating all the basic crochet stitches. Over the three weekly workshops, you will also receive extensive class notes that will provide you with a reference tool you can come back to time and time again.
What you'll be making:
- Workshop 1: While de-mystifying the language of crochet, you'll make a chain stitch necklace
- Workshop 2: Make a headband, perfect to keep your bangs out of your eyes or your ears warm
- Workshop 3: A tri-coloured scarf
Start learning now, read about crochet hook sizing - click here.
- Learn many crochet stitches, work in rows and rounds, change colours
- How to decipher UK & US terminology, read patterns
- All about yarn types, the variety of hooks, tension/gauge and working swatches... and much, much more
- Detailed class notes that will arm you with an extensive reference tool
- A chain necklace, headband and tri-coloured scarf all made by you!
- Patterns and instructions to make each item again
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Week 1: 9mm hook & a ball of chunky yarn 12ply + (or combine two 8ply yarns)
- Week 2: 5mm hook & one ball of 8 ply yarn
- Week 3: 4.5mm hook & three balls of 8 ply yarn each a different colour
This is perfect for an absolute crochet beginner
Vendor since 2013
Learn to sew and make your own clothes.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here.
Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/