Holiday Sewing: Learn to Sew 2 Day Workshop for Kids
About This Class
- Held over two consecutive days, from 10am to 3pm each day.
What You Will Learn
- Threading and using a sewing machine, as well as using sewing tools - like scissors
- Day 1, how sew a zip, fuse interfacing and make a zippered pencil case
- Day 2, how to trace, cut out patterns and sew a bag with lining
What You Get
- A handmade zippered pencil case and a handmade sling bag
- Our experienced and lovely teachers will take you through everything from the very beginning.
- You don't need to bring a sewing machine or tools. We have lovely, smooth running Janome machines (supplied and serviced by Statewide Sewing Centres).
This 2 day workshop starts right at the very beginning, with students learning how to use a sewing machine and cut out fabric. We spend lots of time teaching them to thread their own machines and start to troubleshoot stitching problems. Everyone starts out on a template, makes a handy zippered case and then we make a sling bag.
The course is designed for children aged nine years and up. If your child under nine is super keen to be involved, a parent/guardian must accompany and assist them throughout the two days.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy – Click Here
This class is only offered during the School holidays. Our school holiday program is hosted by our super talented, super nice and super fun instructors.