Vintage Hair and Makeup Workshops
by Thread Den
- Roaring 20s Fabulous Flappers
- 1930s Hollywood Sirens
- 1940s V is for Victory
- 1950s Up Dos and Perfect Poodles
- 1950s Bumper Bang & Bandana Do Pin Ups
- 1960s Bouffants, Beehives and Twiggy Eyes - Saturday 17th November
- 1950s Pin Ups and Perfect Pouts - Saturday 15th December
Any themes without current dates listed will be back in 2019.
Our Vintage Hair and Beauty workshops are fabulous! In a fun filled three and half hours,
Miss Lee will take you through makeup application and hairstyling from
popular eras while looking at the social and historical impact of the time on these styles.
Read full descriptions of each era - click here.
Rather than a look and learn approach, these are hands on classes where you will learn
the techniques to transform yourself! Pull on your glad rags, grab some friends, a few
glasses of bubbles and come along to just about the loveliest afternoon that you could
In three and half hours (or as listed above) Miss Lee will take you through retro skin care, makeup application from popular eras. We'll give you a good dose of grooming and deportment as well.
- Makeup application
- Retro grooming methods
- How to set your hair
- A glamorous new look
- An afternoon or evening of fun and great company!
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Pop a few things in your pocket book. We'll let you know in your confirmation email.
- Feel free to bring drinks and nibbles to enjoy with your new friends!
Wear something utterly gorgeous! But don't wash your hair on the day or the day before. Clean hair is really hard to work with.
Vintage vixens, retro lovers & anyone who wants to build their confidence.
Vendor since 2013
Have you played with the idea of learning to sew? Do you day dream about making your own clothes?
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here. Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Thread Den is located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, or find your own unique style.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Link - http://www.threadden.com/_pages/bookings_cancellations.html
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.