Vintage Hair and Makeup Workshops
by Thread Den
- Roaring 20s Fabulous Flappers - 30 March & 28 September
- 1930s Hollywood Sirens - 25 May
- 1940s V is for Victory - 29 June & 30 November
- 1950s Pin Ups and Perfect Pouts - 27 April, 27 July & 26 October
- 1960s Bouffants, Beehives and Twiggy Eyes - 31 August
Our Vintage Hair and Beauty workshops are fabulous! In a fun filled three and half hours, Miss Lee will take you through makeup application and hairstyling from popular eras while looking at the social and historical impact of the time on these styles.
Read full descriptions of each era - click here.
Rather than a look and learn approach, these are hands on classes where you will learn the techniques to transform yourself! Pull on your glad rags, grab some friends, a few glasses of bubbles and come along to just about the loveliest afternoon that you could imagine.
In three and half hours (or as listed above) Miss Lee will take you through retro skin care, makeup application from popular eras. We'll give you a good dose of grooming and deportment as well.
- Makeup application
- Retro grooming methods
- How to set your hair
- A glamorous new look
- An afternoon or evening of fun and great company!
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Pop a few things in your pocket book. We'll let you know in your confirmation email.
- Feel free to bring drinks and nibbles to enjoy with your new friends!
Wear something utterly gorgeous! But don't wash your hair on the day or the day before. Clean hair is really hard to work with.
Vintage vixens, retro lovers & anyone who wants to build their confidence.
Vendor since 2013
Learn to sew and make your own clothes.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here.
Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/