In our beginners embroidery workshop you will learn techniques that will allow you to create a beautiful neat monogram over three hours. Having learnt embroidery, you will embellish your own creations, purchased items and more. Take your simple everyday objects and make them artworks that will bring you joy to use.
This workshop is with Hozanna, a Japanese designer and embroidery artist currently in Australia. You can see her inspiring work under her label Towelket Tokyo by clicking here. The photographed artwork is also by Hozanna.
Learn how to work with embroidery floss and achieve neat stitching. You'll make samplers of running stitch, back stitch, straight stitch, cross stitch, stem stitch, split stitch and combine your skills to cross stitch your monogram on the fabric cover of your embroidery sampler (you may choose to embroider a different object like a blouse collar or handkerchief).
- When you are ready to take it to the next level, check out our Intermediates Embroidery workshop - click here.
Students can choose to buy an embroidery class kit (which includes the items listed under what to bring) and continue on with your new love, or you can use workshop supplies (but you'll need to buy more supplies to work on at home).
- To work with embroidery floss and achieve neat stitching
- Running stitch, back stitch, straight stitch, cross stitch and split stitch
- To cross stitch your monogram
- A sampler fabric book for your stitches learnt
- Instructions for basic stitches and embroidery technique
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Embroidery needles, Embroidery floss
- Or when booking in you can purchase a class kit which includes; needles, floss in three colours, snips, bees wax, water soluble marker, all in a tin.
Everyone: No experience necessary
Vendor since 2013
Learn to sew and make your own clothes.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here.
Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/