Just 3 hours! Leggings are versatile, layerable, and above all, comfortable. The secret weapon for Melbourne's famous four seasons in one day weather! We've got all the tools you'll need: ball point needles, twin needles, overlockers. AND most importantly, you get an experienced teacher on hand to take you through the skills, techniques and how to use these tools.
Leggings are all about fabric choice. Look for really stretchy knit that is a blend of natural and synthetic fibres.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Understanding knit fabric types, the needles to select and equipment required
- Measurements, choosing the right size when working with knit, pattern markings and pattern placement
- Use overlockers and sewing machine stretch stitches
- A pair of leggings made by you!
- A copy of the pattern
- Detailed instructions
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Polyester sewing machine thread
- Elastic 2.5 cm wide - & long enough to go around your waist
- 1.5 metres of really stretchy knit that is a blend of natural and synthetic fibres
✄✄ Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 and are confident enough to try sewing with more difficult fabrics
Very stretchy knit fabrics that stretch both vertically and horizontally.
Vendor since 2013
Have you played with the idea of learning to sew? Do you day dream about making your own clothes?
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here. Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Thread Den is located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, or find your own unique style.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Link - http://www.threadden.com/_pages/bookings_cancellations.html
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.