PJs! Unisex Pyjama Bottoms Sewing Course ✄
In our Pyjama Bottoms Workshop, you will make a comfy pair of unisex pants or shorts over 7.5 hours.
With only a few pattern pieces, this is an ideal workshop if you've just taken our Sewing Basics for Beginners Course and want to make your first pair of pants or shorts. This pattern features Pockets! An elastic waist and faux fly. While making these you will also learn to use overlockers to finish seams together.
- Taking measurements and size selection
- Lay up pattern pieces and cut out the fabric
- Fill a bobbin, set up and adjust the sewing machine
- Fuse interfacing
- Assembling pocket bags
- Stitch faux fly and centre front
- Stitch centre back
- Stitch inseam and side seams
- Preparing waistband
- Attaching waistband and insert elastic
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
What you will learn
- How to finish seams together with an overlocker
- Fusing interfacing and how to create an elastic waist-casing
- Sewing pockets, crotch seams and hemming
What you will get
- A pair of PJ bottoms made by you!
- Instructions and a copy to make many more pairs of PJ Bottoms
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
What to bring
- Matching sewing machine thread
- Soft woven fabric: Pants - 2.5 metres. Shorts - 1.8 metres
- Enough elastic to go around your waist (3-4cm wide elastic)
What to wear
✄ Budding Sewing Enthusiasts: You've been dipping your toes into the seductive world of sewing by making accessories and homewares from stable woven fabrics. Threading your sewing machine is getting familiar (maybe you are still double checking a couple of things in the manual). Sewing at seam allowance isn't a foreign concept. You have followed basic patterns and instructions. Terms like grainline and selvedge are not unfamiliar to you. Beginners should choose soft stable woven fabrics that are not silky or stretchy. If you want to take this course at an ADVANCED level ✄✄✄; select satin/silk blends or slippery/sheer/stretchy fabrics.
Soft stable woven cotton blends & flannelette. Not suitable for knits.
Advanced students only: satin/silk blends & sheer/stretch.
Learn to sew, craft and create with Thread Den. Workshops offered face-to-face and online.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
Thread Den has developed a teaching model that is supportive and nurturing, designed to make each student feel like the focus of our attention, whether you learn with us face-to-face or online.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew, craft and create. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to.
Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. Click here to sign-up.
See Terms & Conditions.
Terms & Conditions
Taking part in a workshop at Thread Den is fun and we love teaching people our craft, but here we have to get serious for a moment:
It is your responsibility to clear your diary for the booking you've made - especially if there are multiple sessions in your course. If you want to finish your project(s), you need to attend all workshops. You'll also need to arrive on time. We can't start again because it just isn't fair to your fellow participants.
Allow us this indulgence for a second, our workshops and courses - they are usually sold out weeks in advance. It isn't a quick switch to pop you into another workshop. If we have an appropriate session where you can attend to keep going, we will try to offer you a discounted space. If that isn't possible, you will need to book a private lesson to stay on track (the minimum cost is NM -$144 or M -$119.52).
We also won't follow you up to check that you are coming along to class and/or that you have the right supplies for your class. Almost every workshop will require you to bring along your supplies, for some workshops we sell a supplies kit at an additional cost - but not for all. If you are unsure about what you need, just shoot us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org . We also want you to learn and love what you make as much as possible, please carefully consider the fabrics we recommend that you use. If you choose a fabric that is suited to a more advanced level you aren't going to enjoy your experience.
We've tried to answer any questions you could have in the workshop description, but again, don't hesitate to email us for any further details or with any queries. We loooove to see that fabric you are thinking of using and sending you off to some of our favourite fabric and habby suppliers.
Thanks for sticking with us and reading through these annoying details. Here's the stuff that is often hidden behind an *asterisk* or in teeeeenie little print:
- All refunds are subject to a 25% administration fee.
- Refunds will only be processed back to the original method of payment.
- Refunds are processed as soon as practicable. While Thread Den’s part of the process should be undertaken within three days of notice, the combination of the bookings platform and your banking institution’s processes will also influence the exact amount of time taken for you to receive the refund.
Transferring Your Booking
- If you wish to transfer your booking to another workshop we require at least four days notice prior to the start date of your original workshop/course booking.
- Bookings without date changes can be transferred to another person without incurring any penalties.
- Changes to your workshop or the commencement date (within all other terms listed here) will incur a $10 administration fee.
- Changes to your booking date will not reset the four day notice period.
- If you are required to isolate, with the supply of a medical certificate or COVID-19 testing referral covering the date of your workshop, you will be able to transfer your booking without incurring any penalties.
- Your safety is our priority, we reserve the right to make decisions if necessary to preserve the safety of all.
- In the event of a medical emergency, we may have to seek ambulance services on your behalf and at your expense.
- Classes are subject to sufficient enrolment numbers (usually this is 3 participants).
- We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled course. In the event of a cancellation, students will be notified two days before the scheduled start date and refunds will be provided.
This policy can be viewed on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/