In a 5 hour workshop, you'll make a pair of Pyjama Pants suitable for both guys and girls. This is a great workshop to choose if you've just finished the Sewing Basics for Beginners. These PJs have an elastic waist and you'll learn how to sew French seams and use an overlocker.
The photographed Samples include a pair made from a shirting cotton worn by Laura. Danielle's (on the right) are made from a vintage woven cotton floral fabric.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Legs… how to sew them together!
- Measurements, pattern markings and placement
- Sewing French seams, elastic waist & hemming
- A pair of PJ pants made by you!
- Instructions to making the PJ Pants
- A copy of the pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 2.5 metres of soft cotton fabric.
- enough elastic to go around your waist (2cm wide elastic is perfect)
✄ for students who have completed Sewing Basics or know how to thread and use a sewing machine
Soft woven cottons and flannel. This pattern is not suitable for knits. Avoid synthetics that won't breath.
Vendor since 2013
Have you played with the idea of learning to sew? Do you day dream about making your own clothes?
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here. Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Thread Den is located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, or find your own unique style.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Link - http://www.threadden.com/_pages/bookings_cancellations.html
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.