A four hour workshop making a flowing coat cover up. Fabulous over slacks, dresses, jeans, swimsuits - ridiculously versatile!
Through fabric choice your coat can be casual-chic or fabulously glamorous.
The Kathleen Casual Coat can be made in three different lengths (calf, hip or waist), it features gathers, cuffs, neck band and a narrow hem (cuffs and neck band can be made from contrasting fabric).
This is a one size fits all pattern.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Pattern placement, transferring markings and cutting technique
- Overlocked seams
- How to gather & sew a narrow hem
- A Kimono Style Cover Up
- A copy of the pattern
- Instructions for making the Jacket
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Waist length - >140cm - 1.7m. <140cm 2.8m. Contrast fabric - .5m. Plus matching sewing machine thread.
- Hip length - >140cm - 2.2m. <140cm 3.3m. Contrast fabric - .5m. Plus matching sewing machine thread.
- Calf length - >140cm - 2.5m. <140cm 3.6m. Contrast fabric - .5m. Plus matching sewing machine thread.
✄ Perfect for students who have completed our Sewing Basics Course
Woven fabrics with drape. Easier fabric: Cotton voile, lawn, rayon. Challenging: chiffon, gauze, silk, satin. Contrast for cuffs & neck band
Vendor since 2013
Learn to sew and make your own clothes.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here.
Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/