How to Crochet a Granny Square
A 2 hour introduction to crochet
by Thread Den
Learn just the crochet essentials to make Granny Squares. In our Intro to Crochet workshops we stick to what you need to know just for that project.
There is so much to learn in crochet, but you have to start somewhere! So why not dip your toe into crochet and try out a workshop where you cover only the essentials.
To make your Granny Square you will learn; how to work in the round and then stitching into gaps. You'll make a slip knot, chain stitch, slip stitch and treble crochet stitch. If you've got everything under control, we'll also teach you how to change colours.
Types of crochet workshops available:
- An intro workshop is also a great way to get a refresher and reignite your passion for hooking. If Granny Squares aren't your thing, check out Intro to Crochet: The Chevron Blanket Workshop - click here.
- If you want a more comprehensive understanding of crochet that explains all its nuances, book our "Crochet Basics for Beginners Course" - click here.
- Learn only what you need to crochet a Granny Square
- Crochet Stitches: slip knot, chain stitch, slip stitch, treble crochet stitch
- Understand both a written pattern and pattern chart
- A Granny Square made by you!
- Class notes covering everything learnt
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 2 x balls of 8ply yarn in different light colours (not black)
- 4.5mm crochet hook
Suitable for any crochet skill level
Vendor since 2013
Learn to sew and make your own clothes.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here.
Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/