Pattern Design: Make a wrap skirt that is fitted at the waist and widens towards the hem, creating a very flattering shape. Our pattern features twin stitching, back waist darts, button holes with three feature buttons, and the waist is finished with a facing. Our pattern waist measurement covers from a 68cm to 103cm. If you wish to make a skirt outside this range, please email us and we will grade a pattern ready for your workshop.
Photographed Sample: Made from a mid-weight cotton drill with flower print. Our feature buttons are oversized and inside the skirt are the much smaller working buttons. To emphasise the wrap, we have top stitched with a twin needle in white.
Styling Ideas & Notes On Supplies: This skirt will work in a huge variety of fabrics. Through fabric choice you can make it for warmer or cooler months. Light to medium weight fabrics will have more drape and heavier weights will have more structure to the silouette. This pattern is not suitable for knit fabrics.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Measurements, pattern markings, placement, transferring markings
- Sewing button holes, what is a facing and hemming
- Fusing interfacing, stitching waist darts, using twin needles and finishing seams
- A copy of the pattern
- A super wearable skirt that sits on your waist and looks adorable
- Instructions to make the skirt
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Matching sewing machine thread & optional contrasting thread for your twin stitching detail
- 3 feature buttons (as big as you like!)
- 3 flat style buttons (approximately 1cm wide) for the inside of your skirt
- 1.8m of woven fabric. If you have a directional print or nap to your fabric you should buy more.
- 40cm fusible interfacing
✄ Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 or know how to thread and use a sewing machine
Vendor since 2013
Have you played with the idea of learning to sew? Do you day dream about making your own clothes?
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here. Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Thread Den is located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, or find your own unique style.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Link - http://www.threadden.com/_pages/bookings_cancellations.html
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
- Notice given by student less than 48 hours before course start (or after start) = Forfeits the full course fee paid and receives no refund.
- Notice given by student with six (6) or less days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less a 50% cancellation fee.
- Notice given by student with seven (7) or more days before course start = Receives a refund to the original method paid less an administration fee of $10.
In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled class and receive a full refund to the original payment method.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
- If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you will not be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Open Studio hours, or book a private lesson to catch up. Click here to enquire about a private lesson.
- Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
- We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card. Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.