After School 6 Week Learn to Sew Program
About This Class
- Learn to sew over six weeks - held each week on the same day.
- Each week you'll learn new skills in your 1.5 hour weekly workshop.
- Total of 9 hours tuition.
What You Will Learn
- Threading and setting up your machine, using sewing kit tools, getting familiar with the terminology.
- All about zippers and inserting an exposed zip, understanding and using interfacing, the anatomy of fabric.
- Tracing out, cutting technique, sewing at seam allowance, bagging out a lining
What You Get
- Our experienced and lovely teachers will take you through everything from the very beginning.
- You don't need to bring a sewing machine or tools. We have lovely, smooth running Janome machines (supplied and serviced by Statewide Sewing Centres).
- Detailed handouts
Learn to sew from the very beginning as we take students through all the basics of sewing, including how to thread your own machine and how to troubleshoot stitching problems. Students get an understanding of the sewing machine and machine sewing techniques. Get to know what you want in a sewing machine if you haven't yet purchased one. We'll introduce students to terminology, tools, patterns, fabric selection, cutting technique and achieving professional results.
The course is designed for children ten years and older. If your child under ten and super keen to be involved, a parent/guardian must accompany and assist them.
What our students will be making:
- Week 1: An introduction to the machine and learn to sew on a template
- Week 2: A felt lined fabric wallet perfect for your ipod
- Week 3 & 4: A zippered toiletries case with interfacing
- Week 5 & 6: A fully lined sling bag with boxed out corners
Continue with the next block of 6 weeks - click here.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Applies – Click Here
Thread Den's member discount does not apply to children's workshops.