Make a really handy tote bag, that looks super professional! Nice and deep for all your books and devices. Featuring 3 fun fabrics chosen by you.
We'll teach just what you need to know to walk out with a finished bag at the end of the day. We know that achieving results is an important part of keeping young sewing enthusiasts motivated to continue!
This class is only offered during the School holidays. Our school holiday program is hosted by our super talented, super nice and super fun instructors.
- How to sew a bag with straps, feature fabric and a lining
- Tracing and cutting out patterns
- Our experienced and lovely teachers will take you through everything from the very beginning.
- A handmade tote bag
- 30cm of medium weight fusible interfacing
- 1 x spool of sewing machine thread
- Snacks, lunch and a bottle of water
- Fabric A - .5 metres of woven cotton for the top fabric feature (quilting/crafting cotton is perfect)
- Fabric B - .6 metres woven cotton - the main fabric of your bag and also the straps (quilting/crafting cotton is perfect)
- Fabric C -.5 metre of woven cotton for the lining of your bag (quilting/crafting cotton is perfect)
Comfy clothes and proper shoes (no thongs).
Children aged 9 to 14 years who have completed our Holiday Sewing: Learn to Sew for Kids Day 1
Vendor sincce 2013
Have you played with the idea of learning to sew? Do you day dream about making your own clothes?
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here. Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Thread Den is located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, or find your own unique style.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Link - http://www.threadden.com/_pages/bookings_cancellations.html
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.