Are you a little bit daunted by the idea of choosing a commerical sew at home pattern? Or do you have a stash of sewing patterns that you aren't confident enough yet to use? Perhaps you have tried to read them and haven't had success? We love getting people sewing! Our latest range of workshops are designed to get more people addicted to our favourite thing.
- We'll talk about where to buy sewing patterns and go through a load of brands and what their specialties are.
- You are going to learn how to read the back of the pattern envelope.
- Unfortunately, you can't just pick the dress size you usually buy from the store and we're going to help you understand why.
- What are all those things that the pattern says you need? Do you really need them?
- Should you trace out or cut out your paper patterns? And learn our tips to getting the right pattern size.
- How to layout pattern pieces.
- Tips and a glossary to help you understand pattern instructions.
Bring along a pattern that you want to make and we'll spend the last half an hour going through your patterns and helping you understand them.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Thread Den VIP Member's Pricing
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy – Click Here
Three hours in duration
- Where to buy patterns, and who are the brands to look for
- Reading the envelope, selecting your pattern and understanding the supplies: fabrics/notions
- Tracing or cutting out your size, laying out pattern pieces, tips to understanding the instructions
- An understanding on using and confidence in selecting modern sew at home patterns
- Improved craftsmanship for better dressmaking results
- A commercial sew at home pattern you are keen to make
✄ Relevant to all sewing levels
Vendor sincce 2013
Have you played with the idea of learning to sew? Do you day dream about making your own clothes?
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here. Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Thread Den is located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, or find your own unique style.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Link - http://www.threadden.com/_pages/bookings_cancellations.html
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.