Understanding & Using Modern Commercial Sewing Patterns ✄
About This Class
What You Will Learn
- Where to buy patterns, and who are the brands to look for
- Reading the envelope, selecting your pattern and understanding the supplies: fabrics/notions
- Tracing or cutting out your size, laying out pattern pieces, tips to understanding the instructions
What You Get
- An understanding on using and confidence in selecting modern sew at home patterns
- Improved craftsmanship for better dressmaking results
Are you a little bit daunted by the idea of choosing a commerical sew at home pattern? Or do you have a stash of sewing patterns that you aren't confident enough yet to use? Perhaps you have tried to read them and haven't had success? We love getting people sewing! Our latest range of workshops are designed to get more people addicted to our favourite thing.
- We'll talk about where to buy sewing patterns and go through a load of brands and what their specialties are.
- You are going to learn how to read the back of the pattern envelope.
- Unfortunately, you can't just pick the dress size you usually buy from the store and we're going to help you understand why.
- What are all those things that the pattern says you need? Do you really need them?
- Should you trace out or cut out your paper patterns? And learn our tips to getting the right pattern size.
- How to layout pattern pieces.
- Tips and a glossary to help you understand pattern instructions.
Bring along a pattern that you want to make and we'll spend the last half an hour going through your patterns and helping you understand them.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Thread Den VIP Member's Pricing
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy – Click Here