Pattern Design: A must-have staple item for those times when you need the perfect balance of casual and cool. Slim leg sweat pants with elasticated waist, drawstring and side pockets. From PaperCut Patterns
The patterns cover Hip Measurements from 88cm to 118cm, Waist Measurements from 62cm to 92cm. Please email us if your measurements is outside this range and we will grade a pattern ready for your workshop.
Photographed Sample: Made by Amy Skipper in a Merino stretch fabric from The Fabric Store on Brunswick Street in Fitzroy.
Notes on supplies: Medium weight jersey fabrics are perfect. It is essential you choose a two-way stretch. Also your pants will retain their shape if there is 5-10% of lycra/nylon/elstain/etc in the fabric. Ensure For directional prints, large prints and fabrics with nap you purchase extra fabric. For best results - pre-wash your fabric to reduce shrinkage.
Skills Checklist (what you'll cover):
- Taking hip and waist measurements
- Choosing your size
- Pattern placement
- Tracing and transferring markings
- Cutting technique
- Knit machine stitches and tools
- Overlocking (you don't have to overlock if you don't wish)
- Finishing seams
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy – Click Here
Prices are subject to change and Member Discounts are applicable to class prices that are not already discounted or bundled.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
Five hours in duration.
- Taking measurements and choosing the right size, pattern placement and transferring markings, cutting technique.
- To use overlocker and sewing machine stretch stitches, needles and equipment selection for knit fabrics.
- Sew cuffs, waist band, elastic casing and drawstring.
- Instructions to make the anima pants
- A copy of the pattern
- Slim leg knit pants made by you
- 5cm wide elastic - 1m
- Cord or tape for draw string - 2m
- Matching sewing machine thread
- Fabric 1.5m of two-way stretch knit (you could also have .3m of a contrast for waistband and cuffs)
✄✄ Students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 and are confident enough to learn several more techniques
Vendor sincce 2013
Have you played with the idea of learning to sew? Do you day dream about making your own clothes?
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here. Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Thread Den is located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, or find your own unique style.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Link - http://www.threadden.com/_pages/bookings_cancellations.html
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.