This fourr week block is for students that have already completed our learn to sew workshop.
Starting on 3rd August, we'll be making the Undercover Sweater by Papercut Patterns
Versatile slouchy fit sweater by Papercut Patterns with neck binding. It is raglan style with long wide sleeve and hem cuffs. A great basic for any wardrobe, good for layering or on its own.
Choose a polyester thread (Gutermaan is excellent quality). Look for medium weight knits that will make up a super comfy and stretchy sweater. Try cotton knit sweatshirting, cotton/lycra, viscose/lycra, wool jersey, or merino wool knit. For contrasting cuff, waist and neck bands, grab a fun contrasting colour of fabric that is similar to the main sweater fabric you have selected. Students are welcome to bring along a super cute iron on applique patch to be added to their garment.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Applies – Click Here
Thread Den's member discount does not apply to children's workshops.
Held each week on the same day. 1.5 hour weekly workshops. Total of 6 hours tuition. Starting on 3rd August we will be making the Undercover Sweater.
- Improving and growing sewing skills and knowledge
- Tracing out, cutting technique, sewing at seam allowance
- Sewing the Undercover Sweater by Papercut Patterns
- Our experienced and lovely teachers will take you through everything from the very beginning.
- You don't need to bring a sewing machine or tools. We have lovely, smooth running Janome machines (supplied and serviced by Statewide Sewing Centres).
- Matching polyester sewing machine thread (Gutermaan is excellent quality)
- 1.5 metres of medium weight knit - cotton knit sweatshirting, cotton/lycra, viscose/lycra, wool jersey, or merino wool knit.
- For cuffs and bands - .2 metres of contrasting medium weight knit - cotton knit sweatshirting, cotton/lycra, viscose/lycra, wool jersey, or merino wool knit.
- Optional super cute iron on applique patch
Comfy clothes and proper shoes (no thongs).
Students who have completed our learn to sew program or workshops.
Vendor sincce 2013
Have you played with the idea of learning to sew? Do you day dream about making your own clothes?
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here. Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Thread Den is located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, or find your own unique style.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Link - http://www.threadden.com/_pages/bookings_cancellations.html
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.