After School 6 Week - Continuation Sewing Program
About This Class
- Held each week on the same day.
- 1.5 hour weekly workshops.
- Total of 9 hours tuition.
What You Will Learn
- Sewing either a shift dress (advanced) or a simple patchwork quilt (intermediate)
- Improving and growing sewing skills and knowledge
- Tracing out, cutting technique, sewing at seam allowance
What You Get
- Our experienced and lovely teachers will take you through everything from the very beginning.
- You don't need to bring a sewing machine or tools. We have lovely, smooth running Janome machines (supplied and serviced by Statewide Sewing Centres).
- Detailed handouts
This six week block is for students that have undertaken our learn to sew workshops.
- For an intermediate level sewing project - A handmade patchwork bed runner or mini quilt (click here for photo)
- For an advanced level sewing project - a shift dress with invisible zip (click here for photo)
Description - Patchwork bed running/mini quilt:
We are going to make a bed runner (which hangs on the end of your bed to make your room beautiful) or it could also be a mini quilt, perfect to pop over your knees while watching some TV. Thread Den will suppy the quilt batting, students need to bring along their own fabric.
Description - Shift dress with invisible zip:
A Shift dress falls straight from the shoulders, with the bottom being wider than the top, it will actually shift on the frame as worn. A shift has no defined waist and with it’s limited detailing and only a few pattern pieces it is a great project for early in your sewing career. Round neck and sleeveless, with facings to finish neck and armholes. The back closes with an invisible zip.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Applies – Click Here
Thread Den's member discount does not apply to children's workshops.