This is an Indie Pattern Designer Event workshop. Over ten hours you will make a stunning Sapporo Coat by Papercut Patterns. We ran this event in 2018 and it was a fantastic, with 13 stunning Sapporo Coats being made by students in class with us!
With angled seaming, unusually shaped pattern pieces and a full lining, this is an intermediate level pattern that is ideal for tackling with a teacher's support.
The Sapporo Coat Features: angled seams, cropped sleeves, tapered cuffs, pockets hide in the front seams and a lining.
Make it from a cosy wool for cooler weather, or a lighter woven for Spring. Look at our Sapporo Coat ideas on Pinterest - click here. It goes perfectly with Papercut's Sigma Dress (which you can also make in class at Thread Den!).
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Sew angled seaming, unusually shaped pattern pieces and a full lining
- An intermediate level pattern that is ideal for tackling with a teacher's support
- Use interfacing, handle thick fashion fabric with linings and more
- A stunning Sapporo cocoon coat
- Tuition to make an intermediate level sewing pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- The Sapporo Coat Pattern (printed or PDF)
- 2.8 metres of woven fabric and 1.6 metres of lining fabric
- Matching sewing machine thread and .4 metres of interfacing
✄✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have made items like our Simple A Line Skirt or PJ Pants
Students must purchase a copy of the pattern. PDF or printed pattern is fine.
Vendor since 2013
Learn to sew and make your own clothes.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here.
Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/