Kids Sewing Basics 2 Day Program
What You Will Learn
- How to use a sewing machine
- Basic sewing techniques and instructions
- Construction of two fashion accessories
What You Get
- A handmade zippered case
- A handmade sling bag with pocket
What to Bring
- 30cm of a fun cotton poplin
- Two pieces of fabric, both 1 metre lengths. Cotton poplins are perfect. No slippery or stretchy fabrics and nothing to heavy (ie: denim or corduroy).
- Snacks, lunch and a bottle of water
What to Wear
- Comfy clothes and proper shoes (no thongs).
Our 2 day learn to sew school holiday program is designed for children aged nine years and up, and is hosted by our super talented, super nice and super fun instructors. Run in both the first and second week of the school holidays.
We start right at the very beginning. It's all about getting to know the machine, the stitches and how to thread. While making a cute and handy little case, we'll insert a zip, pop on a button and do some applique.
On day two we make a really cool sling bag. Students will get their head around how to put in a lining and then turn it out. There are also darts in the bag to give it shape, a common element of many garments.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy – Click Here
This class is only offered during the School holidays. Our school holiday program is hosted by our super talented, super nice and super fun instructors.
1. Day One
We make a zippered pencil case.
2. Day Two
We make a lined sling bag.