Kids Sewing Intermediates Making Skirts
What You Will Learn
- Basic garment construction
- Inserting an elastic waist band or zipper
What You Get
- A handmade skirt made by you!
What to Bring
- Waist size 67cm & less - making an elasticised skirt
- Waist size 68cm & more - making an aline skirt
- Elasticised skirt - elastic 1 metre that is 2cm wide
- Elasticised skirt - 2.5 metres of a medium weight cotton fabric (no stretchy, or slippery fabrics). This skirt isn't lined
- Aline skirt - 2 metres of a medium weight cotton fabric (no stretchy, or slippery fabrics). This skirt isn't lined
- Aline skirt - 20cm dress zip & a button 1cm to 2.5cm in diameter
- matching thread
- snacks, lunch and a bottle of water
What to Wear
- Comfy clothes and proper shoes (no thongs).
Students must have completed the 2 Day Sewing Basics Program to partipate in this class or at least have sewn a cushion or pencil case.
In this class students will make an elastic waist twirly skirt for waist sizes up to 67cm or an Aline Skirt with a zip for waist sizes 68cm and above. The skirt is a simple design with an elastic waist and soft folds (if your a lady's size 8 waist we'll make a skirt with a zip).
Bookings and Cancellations Policy – Click Here
This class is offered on one day during the School holidays and over two sessions as a project for children during the school term. Our kids classes are hosted by our super talented, super nice and super fun instructors.
If you are booking this class during the school holidays, session 1 and session 2 are in one.
We'll get our measurements, choose the right pattern size, trace off our patterns and cut out.
Starting construciton! Insert the zip (if applicable) stitch side seams, sew on a waist band. Finish and hem!
08Jul10:00 AM to 4:00 PMThe Thread Den
3d/26 Wellington Street, Collingwood VIC 3066, Australia