SALSA is one of the most popular Latin dance forms with origins from Cuba, as the meeting point of Spanish (European) and African cultures.
It is danced throughout the world and has become a global phenomenon. Salsa is normally a partner dance, and is usually improvised on the dance floor, or it can also be performed with a set choreography for entertainment purposes.
Today’s Salsa dancing is a rich blend of Latin-American and Western influences, as there are many styles of Salsa dancing out there (Cuban, Colombian, Linear On1, Linear On2 or Mambo). Be warned: it is highly addictive!
DRESS CODE: There is no specific dress code for this class, and people usually wear casual clothes. For the shoes, ladies can wear flats or heels, as long as they are comfortable to dance in for one hour, and also ensuring they have an ankle strap or are well fitted to the feet so they don’t slip out as you dance or turn. Sneakers are not recommended.
This class runs for 6 weeks. Same time, once a week. Monday 31st October, 6:30pm Wednesday, 2nd November 6:30pm
- You will learn a brief history of Salsa dancing, the most popular Latin dance style!
- You will learn the basics of Salsa plus some turn patterns, so you can dance a full song!
- You will learn techniques on how to lead (for the males) and how to follow (for the females)
- 2 professional instructors per class. One male and female. Expert tuition from our experience instructors
- A nice and friendly dance studio, with reception area, AC, toilets and more
- Be part of a community of like minded people, who enjoy healthy activities, networking and fun!
- Your enthusiasm!
There is no specific dress code for this class, and people usually wear casual clothes.
Vendor since 2016
Tropical Soul is one of the most popular Latin Dance studios in Sydney and Australia. We offer Latin Dance classes in Salsa, Bachata and all Latin styles from Beginners to Advanced level.
We take pride in creating a wonderful community of dancers and friends! Not only you will learn to dance or have the opportunity to perform on big stages; you will increase your social circle and make lots of new friends!
Led by Josie Cote and Juan Ruiz, multiple times Australian Salsa and Bachata Champions and also two of the most famous and sought-after Latin dance instructors in Australia; you can count that each member of our team is a highly recognized dance instructor in the industry.