Recipes include entrée and main course recipes such as Ginger Scallops, Scallop and Prawn Carpaccio, Octopus Carpaccio, Crabs in Avocado with Curried Olive Salsa, Mussels and Clams cooked three ways, Three Way Oysters, Prawns in Sherry and Honey Glaze, Spanish style Calamari (or octopus) and Roast Pepper Salad, Calamari Stuffed with a Moroccan style dried fruit, Open Seafood Lasagne, and more!
Duration: 3 Hours
- You will learn about deveining prawns, cleaning shellfish, preparing squid and octopus, opening oysters, storing, and freezing/ defrosting them
- All the essentials of fish knives and fish cooking utensils
- Learn how to make a proper shellfish stock/bisque so that nothing is wasted from these valuable creatures
- Expert tuition from an expert coach, Chef Walter Trupp!
- The group is treated to the meals that everyone has helped prepare, complimented by matching wines
- Includes all ingredients required to make meals, and we also supply beverages to enjoy while we consume what we made
- Provides knives, all cooking equipment and Electrolux aprons
- Each student leaves with a full recipe book, so they can apply their new skills at home
- Your enthusiasm!
Wear closed, flat shoes to avoid any slipping or burns from spillage
Specially designed for home cook enthusiasts and foodies
Vendor sincce 2012
Trupp Cooking School, located next to Prahran Market in the heart of Melbourne’s food hub, is the brainchild of internationally renowned chef and cooking teacher Walter Trupp and his nutritionist wife Dorota, the authors of Trupps’ Wholefood Kitchen.
It is here that the zealous home cook can access the skills and techniques of an award-winning master cook and the extensive knowledge of an expert in nourishment. Together, Walter and Dorota guide students through a series of interactive, fun and uniquely designed courses – each a culinary journey like no other.
Walter and Dorota teach everything from mastering basic knife skills and learning the secrets of wholefood health, to presentation techniques that will lift everyday mealtimes and dinner parties to a whole new level.
From the novice to the experienced, students have fun learning how to make better food choices by touring Melbourne’s best markets, and how to prepare the healthiest, tastiest meals – dishes that not only improve your wellbeing but give you abundant energy so you can always perform at your best.
The courses are available in ‘sit-down’ and ‘hands-on’ formats, with intimate classes being the norm. The school, which is equipped with the latest appliances and utensils, can also be booked for private lessons or corporate functions (up to 20 people). Team-building cooking challenges and entertaining cook-up parties are just some of the highly popular events in Walter’s ever-evolving repertoire.
Terms and conditions:
Cancellations, Refunds and Transfers
All courses are subject to minimum and maximum numbers of enrolments. If insufficient enrolments are received, the School may need to cancel classes. You will be notified no later the 48 hours prior to the scheduled commencement date, and a full refund will be available to you.
Cancellation: There are limited places in each class and late cancellations usually cannot be on-sold. Bookings cannot be transferred, if we receive less than 2 weeks notice.