The Chef@Home course with three hat chef Walter Trupp is the ultimate cooking learning tool, making it possible for you to achieve all of your food- and nutrition-related goals. We cook and share our knowledge with you in a fun way. We enjoy great meals together and hear each other’s stories.The course focuses on your personal cooking development and aspirations, opening the floodgates of health and cooking success.
The course is based on proven techniques and strategies that will teach you product knowledge and time management in the kitchen, giving you the confidence to prepare everything from delicious 20-minute everyday meals to the most amazing dinner parties. Experience new ingredients on our Prahran Market tours and apply fantastic new cooking techniques.We will guide you through complex nutritional information and make it possible for you to understand what healthy eating is. Our goal is to make you apply newly acquired knowledge and keep well fed and healthy for many years to come.
All 16 classes are hands-on experiences with plenty of one-to-one teaching. Recipe books are included, and each session finishes with a lunch or dinner that lets you enjoy cooked and plated foods.
Weekday sessions run for 3 hours and weekend sessions run for 6 hours on each day. Class sizes are limited so book your place today for the ultimate cooking experience. If you do not manage to attend a particular session, you can do a catch-up class the following term.
Chef @ home Content (July – Nov 2017):
- Knife Skills (3hr) – Wednesday 12 of July
- Entrée 1 (6hr) – Saturday 15 of July
- Entrée 2 (6hr) – Sunday 30 of July
- Sauces (3hr) – Wednesday 9 of August
- Fish (6hr) – Saturday 19th of August
- Shellfish (6hr) – Sunday 27 of August
- Finger Food (3hr) – Wednesday 6 of September
- Meat (6hr) – Saturday 9th of September
- Fermenting & Preserving (3hr) – Wednesday 20th September
- Poultry (6hr) – Sunday 24th of September
- Pastry & Bread (6hr)- Saturday 7 October
- Hot Deserts (3hr) – Wednesday 18 October
- Cold Deserts (6hr) – Saturday 21 October
- Veggies (3hr) – Wednesday 1st of November
- Pasta (3hr) – Wednesday 15th of November
- Graduation (6hr) – Sunday 19th November
16 Classes from Wednesday 12 of July to Sunday 19th November Class duration depends on the schedule dates provided in the confirmation email and class description. Pay only 16% up front. Balance paid weekly thereafter in 12 equal instalments.
- Personal cooking development and aspirations, opening the floodgates of health and cooking success
- Proven techniques and strategies that will teach you product knowledge and time management in the kitchen
- We will guide you through complex nutritional information and make it possible for you to understand what healthy eating is
- Expert tuition from an expert coach
- Recipe books are included, and each session finishes with a lunch or dinner that lets you enjoy cooked and plated foods
- Pay only 16% up front. Balance paid weekly thereafter in 12 equal instalments.
- Your enthusiasm!
Vendor sincce 2012
Trupp Cooking School, located next to Prahran Market in the heart of Melbourne’s food hub, is the brainchild of internationally renowned three-hat chef and cooking teacher Walter Trupp. Walters hands on involvement from the creation to the preparation and execution of a cooking class means his personal signature goes into every dish you come to make, bringing the potential three hat chef out in you!
Trupp Cooking School in Melbourne has been designed to accommodate a wide range of interests and abilities, with a wealth of courses created for those just starting out in the kitchen, through to those who are confident gourmet chefs. It is here that the zealous home cook can access the skills and techniques of an award-winning master cook.
You can learn everything from mastering basic knife skills and learning the secrets of wholefood health, to presentation techniques that will lift everyday mealtimes and dinner parties to a whole new level.
The courses are available in ‘sit-down’ and ‘hands-on’ formats, with intimate classes being the norm. The school, which is equipped with the latest appliances and utensils, can also be booked for private lessons or corporate functions (up to 20 people). Team-building cooking challenges and entertaining cook-up parties are just some of the highly popular events in Walter’s ever-evolving repertoire.
Choose from a wide selection of classes and experience the art of cooking in an ultramodern kitchen that emphasises fun, conversation, skill development and healthy living. Trupp offers basic cooking classes in Melbourne, check out our cooking class schedule for the full list of class offerings.
Terms and conditions:
Cancellations, Refunds and Transfers
All courses are subject to minimum and maximum numbers of enrolments. If insufficient enrolments are received, the School may need to cancel classes. You will be notified no later the 48 hours prior to the scheduled commencement date, and a full refund will be available to you.
Cancellation: There are limited places in each class and late cancellations usually cannot be on-sold. Bookings cannot be transferred, if we receive less than 2 weeks notice.