Private Chef Dinners With Walter
Trupp Cooking School has created space to host private events with Walter Trupp cooking exclusively for you.
Internationally renowned chef Walter Trupp has worked at some of the most prestigious restaurants in Europe and Australia. His CV includes the establishment of his own restaurant, Gasthof Post, in Austria, and working in Michel Roux’s triple-Michelin-star Waterside Inn in London. He was the executive head chef of Marco Pierre White’s restaurant group before moving to Melbourne to run Langton’s Restaurant and Wine Bar for three years. Walter then developed his now-acclaimed skills as a cooking teacher, focusing on food appreciation and home cooking at the Queen Victoria Market, the William Angliss Institute and the Centre for Adult Education (CAE), as well as leading food expo cooking classes and appearing on national TV segments.Walter now brings this worldwide experience to Melbourne food lovers with his unique selection of Private Chef Dinners.Each dinner will begin with a tasting session explaining how professional chefs create their famous dishes.It then transforms into a stunning menu of signature dishes made famous by the world’s best chefs.
This is an amazing opportunity to taste the world’s best food in the comfort of our school.
Private Dinners FAQs
– The duration of your event will be between 3½ and 5 hours, which includes cooking in the kitchen and consuming your food in the dining room.
– Participants do not need to bring anything, but they should wear closed, flat shoes to avoid any slipping or burns from spillage.
– The price includes two drinks for each participant. More drinks can be arranged on request; BYO drinks are another option.
– Our dining room can be used as a meeting room prior to your cooking function. Wireless Internet access and a projector TV are available; coffee, tea and snacks can also be arranged.
– The whole school can be fully air-conditioned or heated, depending on the season.
– A multilevel car park is located 20 metres from the school; pay $2.20 per hour or an all-day rate of $16.50
Duration: 3 hours
- Each dinner will begin with a tasting session explaining how professional chefs create their famous dishes
- It then transforms into a stunning menu of signature dishes made famous by the world’s best chefs
- A complete learning experience!
- Includes two drinks for each participant. More drinks can be arranged on request; BYO drinks are another option
- Wireless Internet access and a projector TV are available; coffee, tea and snacks can also be arranged
- Your enthusiasm!
Wear closed, flat shoes to avoid any slipping or burns from spillage
Specially designed for home cook enthusiasts and foodies
Vendor sincce 2012
Trupp Cooking School, located next to Prahran Market in the heart of Melbourne’s food hub, is the brainchild of internationally renowned chef and cooking teacher Walter Trupp and his nutritionist wife Dorota, the authors of Trupps’ Wholefood Kitchen.
It is here that the zealous home cook can access the skills and techniques of an award-winning master cook and the extensive knowledge of an expert in nourishment. Together, Walter and Dorota guide students through a series of interactive, fun and uniquely designed courses – each a culinary journey like no other.
Walter and Dorota teach everything from mastering basic knife skills and learning the secrets of wholefood health, to presentation techniques that will lift everyday mealtimes and dinner parties to a whole new level.
From the novice to the experienced, students have fun learning how to make better food choices by touring Melbourne’s best markets, and how to prepare the healthiest, tastiest meals – dishes that not only improve your wellbeing but give you abundant energy so you can always perform at your best.
The courses are available in ‘sit-down’ and ‘hands-on’ formats, with intimate classes being the norm. The school, which is equipped with the latest appliances and utensils, can also be booked for private lessons or corporate functions (up to 20 people). Team-building cooking challenges and entertaining cook-up parties are just some of the highly popular events in Walter’s ever-evolving repertoire.
Terms and conditions:
Cancellations, Refunds and Transfers
All courses are subject to minimum and maximum numbers of enrolments. If insufficient enrolments are received, the School may need to cancel classes. You will be notified no later the 48 hours prior to the scheduled commencement date, and a full refund will be available to you.
Cancellation: There are limited places in each class and late cancellations usually cannot be on-sold. Bookings cannot be transferred, if we receive less than 2 weeks notice.