Come and relax for an afternoon making christmas decorations and little dishes out of porcelain! We will explore making techniques with porcelain and practice various decorating methods.
We will make a number of functional and decorative little dishes that you can use in the kitchen or around the house, or as lovely gifts as well as some beautiful decorations that will look great on your tree. This workshop is for anyone wanting to enjoy the experience of clay.
Ingrid Tufts is a Melbourne ceramist. She makes her own range of handmade tableware and decorative objects. Ingrid also produces ceramics for an extensive client list including many local cafes, restaurants and cultural organisations.
This is a 3-hour class with a short break for afternoon tea
- How to hand build little dishes from porcelain
- How to use a variety techniques for decorating porcelain
- How to make super sweet porcelain christmas decorations
- All material including porcelain
- Worked packed and ready for collection in weeks following the workshop
- A lovely light afternoon tea
- An appreciation and understanding of porcelain
- Glazing and Firing
- A set of completed little porcelain dishes that can be used and treasured
- Just your enthusiasm!
This is a studio environment so covered shoes are a must.
All abilities welcome
Vendor since 2017
Tufts is a small studio producing a range of tableware, architectural and decorative ceramics. Our work is available in a number of gallery and design stores around Australia. We also produce bespoke cafe ware and our commercial customers include restaurants, cafes, cultural organizations, and corporations.
Our bright and airy studio is a perfect space to learn some of the techniques and methods of hand building ceramics. We can also offer corporate and professional development workshops customized to individual requirements.
Cancellation or non attendance
- Cancellations will result in forfeit of the workshop fees.
- Bookings are not transferable to other dates.
- Non-attendance forfeits the workshop fees.A cancellation may mean the workshop is unable to go ahead due to minimum numbers... so cancellations can mean other participants miss out.
If we cancel a workshop
- A workshop may require a minimum number of participants, if the minimum number is not met we may have to cancel the worskshop.
- Participants will be notified 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop of a cancellation. Participants enrolled in a cancelled workshop will be offered the choice of having their spot transfered to another workshop, a credit to be used towards another workshop, or a full refund.