Kids Sewing 101
(+3 more dates)
KIDS LEARN TO SEW!
Let's really get sewing! No matter what stage your child is at, this fun workshop will kickstart their creativity.
Sewing machines are provided but it you'd like to you can bring along your machine. We will show your child how to thread it, practise stitches and make quick projects!
Once armed with the confidence to use the machine, this workshop will give your child the oomph to work on lots of projects.
Skill Level: Any skill level is welcome - we will take it slow and begin with sewing a simple patchwork cushion.
Age group: 8 - 13 years
Firstly, we take around 1 hour to learn how the machine works, thread it and practice stitching. We then take these new skills to begin making up the cushion cover. The skills learnt here include making seams, zig zag edging and top stitching.
What will you get?
- Expert tuition with one teacher and only 4-5 students
- A fun and engaging atmosphere with lots of quick, exciting projects
- SEWING MACHINES ARE PROVIDED (unless you would like to bring your own to learn to use!)
What will you need to bring:
- If you would like to use your own machine, please bring your machine along with all it's power cords and the foot pedal.
- The machines accessories, especially all the feet
Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
- Any nut & egg free snacks - Fridge, sandwich press and microwave available
Dates & Times Available:
THESE ARE THE ONLY DATES THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE THIS TERM & REQUIRE A MIN OF 4 STUDENTS TO GO AHEAD.
* Bookings will be assessed one week prior and if there is not enough bookings, we will let you know and refund your fee.
Cost: $85 per 3 hour lesson
WE ARE A CREATIVE KIDS PROVIDER. Once you purchase your class, please add your childs full name, DOB and voucher number to the notes section and I will refund it once I have processed the voucher.
What you will learn
- The skills learnt in this class will include threading and working a sewing machine, making seams, zig zag edging, top stitching and hand sewing buttons.
What you will get
- Expert tuition; Fun & engaging atmosphere; sewing patterns
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- If you would like to use your machine, please bring along. Also please bring any sewing kit you have.
What to wear
Casual, closed toe shoes
Beginners to seasoned sewists; 8 -13 years old
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 48 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 48 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).
3.) REFUNDS, TRANSFERS & RESCHEDULES
Usefulbox Sewing School requires 48 hours notice in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
If you are cancelling without rescheduling, within 48 hours, I would be happy to refund you half of your booking fee.
If you don't let us know that you will miss the class within 48 hours, the total fee will be forfeited.
If you miss a class within a course, we will make every effort to do a make up class within our current timetable. If you cannot make any classes on the schedule, to make up your class, the class you missed will be forfeited.
If the product you have bought from Usefulbox sewing school is faulty, you will be refunded. If you wish to exchange and the product is unused, we can facilitate an exchange or a credit note.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Usefulbox Sewing School, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a transfer or refund.