Kimono Embroidery Workshop with Amy Jones
Vintage Kimono Embroidery workshop with Textile Artist, Amy Jones
Create a custom embroidery piece, using a variety of threads, beads and beautiful semi precious gemstones to embellish a vintage kimono. You will learn some basic embroidery stitches, like French knots, satin stitch and turkey work, and how to embellish with beads. Your finished piece will be backed, and ready to adorn any wall with pride!
Skill level: No previous experience neccesary
What you will learn
- Techniques explored: French knots, Turkey work, Satin stitch & Basic beading
What you will get
- What is included: an embroidery hoop chenille needles and beading needles linen and vintage kimono silk fusible webbing for appliqué a generous amount of dmc embroidery thread in complimentary colours embellishments, including glass beads, sequins and metallic thread a stitch guide
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- Small sharp scissors & Your glasses if you need them for close work
What to wear
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Usefulbox Sewing School requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. At our discretion, Usefulbox Sewing School has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Usefulbox Sewing School does not offer refunds for missed classes. If you can't make a class, we can try to organise a make up class within the current timetable. If you cannot make any of those classes, we cannot do a make up class.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Usefulbox Sewing School, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).
3.) REFUNDS, TRANSFERS & RESCHEDULES
Usefulbox Sewing School requires 48 hours notice in writing (email@example.com) prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
If you don't let us know that you will miss the class, the total fee will be forfeited.
If you miss a class within a course, we will make every effort to do a make up class within our current timetable. If you cannot make any classes on the schedule, to make up your class, the class you missed will be forfeited.
If the product you have bought from Usefulbox sewing school is faulty, you will be refunded. If you wish to exchange and the product is unused, we can facilitate an exchange or a credit note.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Usefulbox Sewing School, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a transfer or credit.