TEEN SEWISTS WANTED!
Join Stella for a day of sewing this holidays. You will sew up a co-ordinated set of a Bum Bag and Bucket Hat. SEWING MACHINE PROVIDED.
Skill level: Beginner with basic sewing knowledge to Confident teen sewist.
Your teen will need to have sewn on a sewing machine before and able to thread their machine. If they have taken a beginner workshop with me, this is perfect next step.
Date: Monday 4th July 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Project plan: Bum pack and matching bucket hat
You will learn all the sewing basics including:
- How to use and set up a machine
- How to choose and cut out materials
- Stitches and seam allowances
What is included in this class:
What you will learn
- - How to use and set up a machine - How to choose and cut out materials - Stitches and seam allowances
What you will get
- - Expert tuition with one teacher and only 5 students - All materials including a sewing machine (unless you would like to bring your own to use) - A fun and creative way to spend your school holidays.
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- If you would like to use your machine, please bring along. Also please bring any sewing kit you have. Lunch - microwave, sandwich press and fridge available.
What to wear
Casual, closed toe shoes
Beginners to seasoned sewists; 13+ yrs
Usefulbox Sewing School has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Usefulbox Sewing School requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email email@example.com to organise.
- Partial refunds. At our discretion, Usefulbox Sewing School has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Usefulbox Sewing School does not offer refunds for missed classes. If you can't make a class, we can try to organise a make up class within the current timetable. If you cannot make any of those classes, we cannot do a make up class.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Usefulbox Sewing School, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).
3.) REFUNDS, TRANSFERS & RESCHEDULES
Usefulbox Sewing School requires 48 hours notice in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
If you don't let us know that you will miss the class, the total fee will be forfeited.
If you miss a class within a course, we will make every effort to do a make up class within our current timetable. If you cannot make any classes on the schedule, to make up your class, the class you missed will be forfeited.
If the product you have bought from Usefulbox sewing school is faulty, you will be refunded. If you wish to exchange and the product is unused, we can facilitate an exchange or a credit note.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Usefulbox Sewing School, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a transfer or credit.