SEW TEEN CLUB - afterschool TEEN classes!
SEW KIDS CLUB - afterschool TEENS classes!
Let's really get sewing! No matter what stage your child is at, this after school teens club will kickstart their creativity.
With the sewing machine provided, we will show your child how to thread it and practise stitches. Then, once armed with the confidence to use the machine, this workshop will build on skills each week.
If your child is an absolute beginner, we will take it slow and begin with sewing simple pieces such as pencil cases, scrunchies and work up to a simple garment. If your child has sewn before, or taken this class before, we can keep increasing skills week on week.
The skills learnt in this class will include threading and working a sewing machine, making seams, zig zag edging, top stitching and hand sewing buttons and hems.
SEWING MACHINE IS PROVIDED!
Skill Level: Complete beginner to confident sewist, High school ages.
What will you get?
- Expert tuition with one teacher and 5-6 kids - min 5 students to go ahead.
- Sewing Pattern with instructions to take home
- A fun and engaging atmosphere with lots of quick, exciting projects
- Lots of healthy treats and drinks!
What will you need to bring:
- Any fabric needed - you will be contacted before the lesson.
- If you have a machine that you would like to bring every week plus all it's power cords and the foot pedal and all the accessories, especially all the feet.
Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
Term 4, 2022 - 5 weeks on a Tuesday
Start date: 8 November 2022
Last date: 6 December 2022
Time: 345pm - 515pm (can arrive at 330pm if needed)
Min of 5 students needed to go ahead.
If Tuesday doesn't suit you, please contact me with a day that would and I could perhaps make up another class!
WE ARE A CREATIVE KIDS PROVIDER. Once you purchase your class, please add your details to the notes section and I will refund it once I have processed the voucher.
What you will learn
- The skills learnt in this class will include threading and working a sewing machine, making seams, zig zag edging, top stitching and hand sewing buttons and hems.
What you will get
- Expert tuition; Fun & engaging atmosphere; sewing patterns
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- Sewing kit, any fabric needed
What to wear
Beginners to seasoned sewists; High school age
Would another weekday work for you?
If Thursday doesn't suit you, please contact me with a day that would and I could perhaps make up another class!
Usefulbox Sewing School has an average rating of 4.9 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 48 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 48 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).