This workshop has been designed for students in Years 3 - 6+
This half-day workshop shows you how to skillfully combine the essential elements of narrative writing (style, setting, character and plot) to create an original short story. There is no better way to see how the elements of a story come together than to be fully immersed in the process. First up, we'll explore a selection of tried and true strategies for generating original ideas for stories. You'll develop characters and storylines, building your story as you go. Finally, you'll bring your ideas together with the help of my simple story planner. This planner makes plotting a story easy and fun! We will also explore how to build suspense and drama. This workshop includes time to practise writing techniques as well as an opportunity to workshop ideas with peers.
About Beth Cregan
Beth’s teaching experience spans over 25 years, from early childhood to secondary education in both the public and private sector. In 2010, Beth combined her passion for books, writing, storytelling and creative thinking to launch 'Write Away With Me'. As the Director of Write Away With Me, Beth is dedicated to inspiring children and adults alike, to become aware of their unique power as creative writers, narrators and storytellers. Now in its tenth year, Write Away With Me offers a wide range of original and creative storytelling and writing workshops both internationally and across Victorian schools. You can learn more about Beth Cregan by visiting www.writeawaywithme.com
- Use a range of effective strategies to generate original ideas for creative writing.
- How to develop interesting characters.
- Learn an effective structure (plan) for developing a plot with suspense and drama.
- A opportunity to workshop ideas with like minded peers.
- A host of tried and true strategies and techniques for writing narratives.
- A workshop planner to collect and organise ideas and information regarding story development.
- A well stocked pencil case
- A snack and a drink bottle
Comfotable casual clothes
This workshop is best suited to young writers from Years 3 - 6+ who love reading and writing fiction.
Vendor since 2013
Write Away With Me is dedicated to inspiring the next generation of writers! We offer storytelling and literacy workshops for Early Childhood and Primary Schools as well as a range of after school (The Writer's Club) and holiday programs (The Writer's Masterclass). Our professional development programs provide a wealth of hands on activities to allow teachers and parents to become aware of their unique power as writers, storytellers and creative thinkers! As the Director, I develop and teach programs, as well as manage our programs and events. Write Away With Me also updates a blog and produces a monthly newsletter.
Write Away With Me is unable to give refunds for missed sessions. If for some reason, your child is unable to attend the planned session, please contact the office.
Parents enrolling their child in this program must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- In an emergency, if medical assistance is needed for my child, I give my permission for ‘Write Away With Me’ staff to take whatever steps are necessary.