This is a 6 week course focusing on your unique path of inquiry, deepening your creative spirit and
developing your art practice as we journey into abstraction. Includes looking at contemporary artists,
clarifying and refining your authentic vision and exploring artistic technique.
There will be guided exercises to help you deepen your perceptual skills, activities to access the
right hemisphere of your brain, along with technique development as we work with a variety of
The classes are relaxed and supportive enabling you to delve inside your creative self, move
through any blocks, step outside your comfort zone and have fun.
- 1 Learn new techniques in drawing and painting as you explore a variety of mediums 2 Gain insight into the process of different types of abstract thought and practice 3 Review a selection of major contemporary artists and movements 4 Strategies to access the right hemisphere of the brain 5 Build confidence and risk taking as you work in a process centred way 6 Learn aspects of colour theory 7 Learn how to tap into your creative flow using meditation, sound, inner reflection deepening your perceptual skills, 8 The classes are relaxed and supportive enabling you to delve deep inside your creative self, 9 move through creative blocks, step outside your comfort zone and have fun! We will be working in black and white and colour over a number of subject areas, with guided instruction and a focus on developing your unique vision. Beginners and more experienced students are catered for with a focus on individual needs and projects.
- 1)Develop a deeper seeing as you exercise your perceptual skills and “see” in new ways, (the deeper you see, the more you have to put into your work) 2)Greater confidence to step outside your comfort zone and take risks with your paintings 3)Move through creative blocks as you tap into the creative flow space 4)Explore new techniques with a variety of mediums 6)Have fun in a relaxed and supportive environment
Disabled access is available at the rear of YAVA, enter via Furmston Lane. Otherwise suggested parking locations are:
- Coles carpark (3 hours)
- Furmston Lane (all day parking)
- River St Carpark (all day parking, access via Green St)
- Taber Lane (all day parking)
- other street parking, just check the signs.
Find us from the main street, near the pedestrian crossing, up the stairs inbetween Country Smart and KG (see our balcony upstairs)
clothes you don't mind getting messy, an apron can be useful
Dawn has developed a unique approach to teaching drawing and painting to both beginners and those more experienced.
Vendor since 2019
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub is a new contemporary creative space opening soon in the middle of Healesville. It’s about ‘the Arts’, excellence, inspiration & learning.
We are currently seeking, designers, artists & practitioners to join us in developing a workshop and education program.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub or organised by YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub .
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub classes and events or on YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub 's premises. (For use of YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub marketing materials).
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a refund or transfer. Cancellations within 48hrs will receive a 90% refund (we have to pay the weteachme fee regardless)
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
YAVA workshops are offered by YAVA in partnership with the Workshop facilitator.
Workshop payment is generally required at time of booking . For payment over time options please enquire through info@yava,org.au.