WATERCOLOUR AND INDIAN INK PAINTING WORKSHOP
Deepen your perceptual skills with Painting and Sketching directly, with Black Ink and Water Colour
A workshop with Margaret McLoughlin designed to follow on from Margi's solo exhibition 'JOURNEY'.
You will start, with sketching and painting , an Interior set up with decor elements.
You will create a line sketch with pencil. Then draw the shapes in with light coloured water colour. Building up the painting, with more washes of colour, adding shadows etc, till looking 3 dimensional. Highlights can then be added with the white gouache.
The Ink drawing over the top of the watercolour will supply the detail and link it all together.
Learn from an experienced and passionate artist.
10am-2:30pm $90 (members save 10%) .
What you will learn
- Learn how to select the subject through the view finder, create a quick pencil sketch, to clarify what you are keen to paint.
What you will get
- Get the confidence to build up the painting light and darkest colour washes creating shadows etc, till looking 3 dimensional.
- Adding highlights which white gouache, final the Ink Drawing over the top will supply the detail and link it all together.
What to bring
- Viewfi1 x window, cut from card (10cm to 14cm, 4cm x6cm (we can make this at the workshop, using a stanley knife) 1 x sheet HP watercolour paper, eg Bockinford (we will only use half a sheet
- 1 x backing board (some av at YAVA) 2 Bulldog clips/Tape visual diary or sketchbook 2B pencil 1 set Watercolour Paint or Tubes ( minimum 12 colours) 1 warm, 1 cool yellow,1 warm red, 1 cool red, ochre/raw sienna, phthalates blue, ultramarine, 1 blue green, 1 mid green, 1 violet, burnt amber.
- Plastic pallet, small tube white gouache, 1 bottle Black Indian Ink, 2 water container, paper towel, small Towel Brushes 1 Pure squirrel Mop size 6, 1 Pure squirrel Mop size 10, 2 Nylon round brushes size 2 ( one for White gouache, 1 for Ink drawing, or fine calligraphy brush for the Ink drawing.
What to wear
Relaxed and comfy, please bring an apron
Open to everyone interested!
Vendor since 2019
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub is a new contemporary creative space opening soon in the middle of Healesville. It’s about ‘the Arts’, excellence, inspiration & learning.
We are currently seeking, designers, artists & practitioners to join us in developing a workshop and education program.
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub has an average rating of 4.9 for their other classes.See other reviews
Anyone participating in any classes or events at YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub or organised by YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub .
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub classes and events or on YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub 's premises. (for use of YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub marketing materials). I understand I have the right to request not to have my face included in images.
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub requires 7 days notice in writing prior to the class for a refund or transfer. Cancellations within 7 days of the commencement time of the class will receive a 90% refund (please note we have to pay the weteachme booking fee regardless). Transfers can be arranged - unless for emergency situations, a 5% transfer fee will be applicable.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit. If we offer to transfer you to a new date in this situation and you cannot attend that date, you will still receive a full refund.
Terms & Conditions
YAVA workshops are offered by YAVA in partnership with the Workshop facilitator.
Workshop payment is generally required at time of booking . For payment over time options please enquire through workshops@yava,org.au.
Disabled access is available at the rear of YAVA, enter via Furmston Lane. Otherwise suggested parking locations are:
- Shopping Centre carpark (3 hours)
- Furmston Lane (all day parking)
- River St Carpark (all day parking, access via Green St)
- Taber Lane (all day parking)
- other street parking, just check the signs.
Find us from the main street, near the pedestrian crossing, up the stairs in between Country Smart and KG (see our balcony upstairs)
Terms & Conditions and Refunds
We understand sometimes things change and life can get in the way. We offer 90% refunds up to 7 days prior to the start of the workshop. You will need to email us in writing to cancel firstname.lastname@example.org (make sure you let us know the date of the workshop and name you booked under)
More From YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub
Other classes you might like
CLAY:Make Quirky Clay Plant Pots (holiday program)CLAY:Make Quirky Clay Plant Pots (holiday program)
AU$20.00Mon, 27 Sep 9:30AM (AEST)