SKETCHING WITH INK AND WATERCOLOUR
Janet will show you how to create sketches in ink and use watercolour to add colour. Ink and
watercolour is an ideal sketching combination for travelling, and a quick easy way to capture
landscape, buildings and your favourite things. This day will contain a combination of exploring
different techniques with watercolour and creating finished sketches.
What you will learn
- Skills needed for ink and watercolour sketching
- Some basic watercolour techniques
What you will get
- Professional guidance- exercises, demonstrations and one on one help
- Several finished ink and watercolour sketches
What to bring
- Paper A5 or A4 Art Spectrum Draw and Wash rough texture pad (approx $11-$20) or similar, you will need 4- 6 sheets so you may just like to bring 1 sheet of watercolour paper to cut up 200gsm - 300gsm cold press medium to rough texture Waterproof black ink pen .1 - .05 (approx $5) 1H graphite pencil (approx $2) Small watercolour set such as a round Koh-i-Noor colour set (approx $6) or a set of at least 6 half pans with palette, (approx $50) (Koh-i-Noor colour sets and half pan sets are great for travelling and outdoor work), or at least 6 watercolours tubes e.g. : lemon yellow, cadmium yellow deep, ultramarine blue, prussian blue, crimson, cadmium red, black (approx $35) plus a plastic palette (can be a plastic plate) 2 x Number 6 round taklon brushes (approx $10 ) Total: $34 - minimum, maximum $87 depending on what you would like to spend, any queries will be addressed in the first session The art shop in Power road Bayswater have all these materials and you can also order them over the internet.
- Some watercolours, brushes, pencils, pens and paper will be available in class if you don't have what is required.
What to wear
Wear comfy clothes, Apron we will be working with ink and watercolours
Beginners to intermediate
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub is a new contemporary creative space opening soon in the middle of Healesville. It’s about ‘the Arts’, excellence, inspiration & learning.
We are currently seeking, designers, artists & practitioners to join us in developing a workshop and education program.
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub has an average rating of 4.9 for their other classes.See other reviews
Anyone participating in any classes or events at YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub or organised by YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub .
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub classes and events or on YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub 's premises. (for use of YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub marketing materials). I understand I have the right to request not to have my face included in images.
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub requires 7 days notice in writing prior to the class for a refund or transfer. Cancellations within 7 days of the commencement time of the class will receive a 90% refund (please note we have to pay the weteachme booking fee regardless). Transfers can be arranged - unless for emergency situations, a 5% transfer fee will be applicable.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit. If we offer to transfer you to a new date in this situation and you cannot attend that date, you will still receive a full refund.
Terms & Conditions
YAVA workshops are offered by YAVA in partnership with the Workshop facilitator.
Workshop payment is generally required at time of booking . For payment over time options please enquire through workshops@yava,org.au.
Disabled access is available at the rear of YAVA, enter via Furmston Lane. Otherwise suggested parking locations are:
- Shopping Centre carpark (3 hours)
- Furmston Lane (all day parking)
- River St Carpark (all day parking, access via Green St)
- Taber Lane (all day parking)
- other street parking, just check the signs.
Find us from the main street, near the pedestrian crossing, up the stairs in between Country Smart and KG (see our balcony upstairs)
Terms & Conditions and Refunds
We understand sometimes things change and life can get in the way. We offer 90% refunds up to 7 days prior to the start of the workshop. You will need to email us in writing to cancel firstname.lastname@example.org (make sure you let us know the date of the workshop and name you booked under)