EXPRESSIVE STILL LIFE WITH CLAIR BREMNER
In this class you will learn how to create loose and expressive still life paintings using a
combination of acrylic paint and oil pastel. We will be working from life, with a selection of still life
setups available. This class is for all artistic abilities from total beginners to more experienced
artists. You will learn some simple drawing techniques, how to build up layers in an artwork, how
to judge value and how to work quickly to create loose and expressive artworks. This class will be
very relaxed and lots of fun.
What you will learn
- 1) Observation and basic drawing and painting skills 2) building up layers in an artwork 3) Create several loose still life artworks on paper
What you will get
- 1) experience 2) confidence in creating art 3) painting and drawing skills
What to bring
- Paper - A3 size watercolour paper (300gsm) at least 5 to 8 sheets. You can purchase pads of A3 watercolour paper from officeworks that are quite aff
- Oil Pastels at least one white oil pastel and a few different colours of your choice. Bring along a few different paint brushes, doesn’t matter what type but a range of sizes would be helpful. MASKING TAPE
- Acrylic Paint supplied by Clair
What to wear
Apron, clothes you don’t mind getting messy
OPEN TO ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE (OVER THE AGE OF 16)
Clair Bremner is a professional artist based in the Yarra Valley near Melbourne. She has been working as a full time artist since 2013 creating abstract expressionist landscape paintings and expressive florals in acrylic. Clair has been teaching acrylic painting techniques for the past three years in various workshops around Australia. Clair is represented by Bright Art Licensing and has created artwork for companies such as Hallmark, Andrew McMeel Publishing, Soho Myriad and Victorian Racing. Her artwork has been featured in Home Beautiful, Breathe and Art Edit Magazines
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub is a new contemporary creative space opening soon in the middle of Healesville. It’s about ‘the Arts’, excellence, inspiration & learning.
We are currently seeking, designers, artists & practitioners to join us in developing a workshop and education program.
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub has an average rating of 4.9 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund or transfer or credit note.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub 's refund policy is moderate.
- Refunds: You may claim a refund, if you cancel up to 2 days before class starts. A AU$5.00 fee applies.
- Transfers: If you cancel up to 2 days before the start date of the original class, you may transfer to a different class date or another class altogether from the same vendor. Free of charge.
- Credit Notes: You may cancel up to 2 days before class starts and receive a credit note. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
YAVA workshops are offered by YAVA in partnership with the Workshop facilitator.
Workshop payment is generally required at time of booking . For payment over time options please enquire through workshops@yava,org.au.
Disabled access is available at the rear of YAVA, enter via Furmston Lane. Otherwise suggested parking locations are:
- Shopping Centre carpark (3 hours)
- Furmston Lane (all day parking)
- River St Carpark (all day parking, access via Green St)
- Taber Lane (all day parking)
- other street parking, just check the signs.
Find us from the main street, near the pedestrian crossing, up the stairs in between Country Smart and KG (see our balcony upstairs)