LOOSE LANDSCAPES IN ACRYLIC WITH CLAIR BREMNER
Learn how to create your own expressive landscape painting in acrylic. Clair Bremner, a high profile
local artist with over 15 years painting experience, will teach you how to take inspiration from images
and push the boundaries by creating a loose, bright and expressive landscape.
Clair will teach you about basic perspective, colour mixing, mark making, how to simplify and
abstractify a landscape and general acrylic painting techniques and tricks.
All paint is included, all you need to bring is your own canvas, 70cm no longer then 1 meter wide
soft acrylic brushes in various sizes at least 1 2" or 3" brush and your enthusiasm (plus lunch).
Note this workshop is being held in Warburton at the Arts Centre Warburton. You will be in the beautiful Studio space, which is a gallery and you will be surrounded by Clair's work on the walls. The gallery will be open to the public and your class will be held in a dedicated area within the space.
What you will learn
- 1) Basic acrylic painting skills 2) Basic landscape painting skills 3) How to simplify and create an interesting landscape with a more abstract flair
What you will get
- 1) confidence 2) inspiration 3) new skills
Park at rear of building via Thomas Avenue or anywhere along the river!
What to bring
- A stretched canvas at least 90cm by 70cm no bigger then 1 meter square Brushes- a selection in various sizes. At least one wide 2" or 3" brush Apron Lunch
What to wear
Apron, clothes you don’t mind getting messy
OPEN TO ALL LEVELS OF EXPERIENCE (OVER THE AGE OF 16)
Clair Bremner is a professional artist based in the Yarra Valley near Melbourne. She has been working as a full time artist since 2013 creating abstract expressionist landscape paintings and expressive florals in acrylic. Clair has been teaching acrylic painting techniques for the past three years in various workshops around Australia. Clair is represented by Bright Art Licensing and has created artwork for companies such as Hallmark, Andrew McMeel Publishing, Soho Myriad and Victorian Racing. Her artwork has been featured in Home Beautiful, Breathe and Art Edit Magazines
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub is a new contemporary creative space opening soon in the middle of Healesville. It’s about ‘the Arts’, excellence, inspiration & learning.
We are currently seeking, designers, artists & practitioners to join us in developing a workshop and education program.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund or transfer or credit note.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
YAVA Gallery & Arts Hub 's refund policy is moderate.
- Refunds: You may claim a refund, if you cancel up to 2 days before class starts. A AU$5.00 fee applies.
- Transfers: If you cancel up to 2 days before the start date of the original class, you may transfer to a different class date or another class altogether from the same vendor. Free of charge.
- Credit Notes: You may cancel up to 2 days before class starts and receive a credit note. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
YAVA workshops are offered by YAVA in partnership with the Workshop facilitator.
Workshop payment is generally required at time of booking . For payment over time options please enquire through workshops@yava,org.au.
Disabled access is available at the rear of YAVA, enter via Furmston Lane. Otherwise suggested parking locations are:
- Shopping Centre carpark (3 hours)
- Furmston Lane (all day parking)
- River St Carpark (all day parking, access via Green St)
- Taber Lane (all day parking)
- other street parking, just check the signs.
Find us from the main street, near the pedestrian crossing, up the stairs in between Country Smart and KG (see our balcony upstairs)