Instagram has shaped the way we create and communicate. We can now instantly connect with likeminded people and upload, share and like photos taken around the world. What’s even more exciting is when we search hashtags, like #tokyo and #stockholm, we get a live feed of what people are doing, seeing and exploring.
But there is no point sharing photos on Instagram if they’re too dark or blurry, bleak or bright. So how can you take better Instagram photos? This practical, hands on workshop will show you how.
This workshop will:
- reveal the secrets and tricks used by successful bloggers, brands and businesses all around the world
- show students how to take better Instagram photos and how to create a great workflow
- how to take better landscape photos for Instagram
- how to take better flat lay photos for Instagram, including a fun hands on exercise to create the following flat lays: Minimalist, Messy, Ingredients, Workspace & Florals
About Jaharn Giles
Born in Sydney and raised in Brisbane, Jaharn’s career has given her over nine years experience as a publicist and digital consultant. With Whilst working in the UK and Australia, her desire for adventure and wanderlust saw her travel at every opportunity.
Inspired by her adventures and armed with a suitcase full of experiences, she officially launched Mister Weekender in November 2013. Three months later, she quit working full time.
In this short amount of time she has already been featured in Australian Traveller Magazine, Daily Mail Online, Cosmopolitan Magazine, Real Living Magazine, Get Lost Magazine, Qantas Travel Insider, Jetstar Magazine (Nov 2015) and featured across multiple websites and blogs as a top travel blogger.
When Jaharn is not travelling, she can also be found hosting workshops, blogger coaching, consulting and creating social media and digital marketing strategies for creative start-ups and bloggers.
- Instagram secrets and tricks used by successful bloggers, brands and businesses
- How to take better Instagram photos and how to create a great workflow
- How to take better landscape and flat lay photos for Instagram
- Walk away with inspiration, motivation and practical advice to take Instagram photography to the next level.
- Instagram Photography Cheat Sheet
- Landscape Photography Tip Sheet
- Flat Lay Photography Tip Sheet
- Photography Resources Sheet
- Gift from Blushing Confetti
- Props will be provided at the workshop.
- Download the Afterlight and Snapped photo editing apps before the workshop
- Bring your mobile phones fully charged
- Bring your happiness and positivity
- Be ready and willing to learn and grow your current Instagram photography skill base
Vendor since 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. If you do miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund or transfer.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. Email email@example.com to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.