Dun Introduction Class: The Art of Dun Playing
Join DunDunDan as she shares the art of dun playing. This special class will cover:*
Overview of various styles of playing, Ballet and Traditional*Group dynamics and one-on-one adjustments.
Provide students with the basic tools for:
- Dynamics (bell and stick striking)
- Stick technique- Rudiments
- The class will finish with 4/4 rhythm and jam
Duration: 2 hours
Teacher: Daniela Schillaci
Cost: $28 or $48 for both classes
Two Speciality Dun Classses: Saturday August 12th - 11:00am - 1:00 pm Saturday August 17th - 11:00am - 1:00 pm
- Overview of various styles of playing, Ballet and Traditional
- Group dynamics and one-on-one adjustments
- Knowledge of West African drumming and control of easy-to-follow rhythms
- Access to our social media networks and resources
- We will have a drum ready for you at class – you don’t need to have your own. Ask your teacher about renting a drum so you can practice between classes
Vendor since 2015
Established in 1997, African Drumming has become Australia’s trusted name in West African music.
We are dedicated to sharing the music and culture of West Africa in all that we do: through classes, workshops, study tours and performances which connect a wide audience with this powerful music. Not to mention our instruments! We are one of the largest African music stores in Australia and we love our drums.
In 2011 we relocated from a little store in Grey Street to a larger purposed Head Quarters @ 252 St Kilda Rd, St Kilda. Our HQ houses both the brains and brawn of the operation, with our showroom, studios, offices, warehouse and the all important drum making workshop here under one jamming roof. We love it in St Kilda!
We have a nation-wide network of drummers and dancers under our banner and operate across Australia. Our team includes performers and drum makers from around West Africa such as Mali, Senegal, Ghana and of course homegrown talent too.
We’re always looking to the future and constantly working on the next big project, event and product.