Macro Photography Course
(+1 more date)
Macro photography is the way we can “see” the world in a different way. Simple things that we overlook with our eyes become beautiful images through a macro lens. Our course is held in our studio at Eltham and combines indoor tabletop macro photography with outdoor work in the garden of our studio.
The class also covers using extension tubes, close-up filters, and other macro methods
This practical macro photography workshop will be held indoors and out for those who want to learn how to use Macro lenses. We aim to teach you how to take stunning Macro images.
The class includes
Macro and Lenses
- Choosing the right macro lens to capture your subject
- Other macro options, close-up filters, and extension tubes?
Depth of Field and Macro
- Why are aperture values smaller on Macro Lenses?
- Allowing for the right speed with the chosen aperture
Macro and Exposure
- Exposure problems with Macro lenses
- Advanced exposure controls-Spot or partial metering?
Macro and Lighting
- Using separate lights from desk lights to light boxes.
- Specialised Macro Light and Flash units.
Macro and Composition
- Looking for subjects in our gardens and houses.
- How the colour wheel can help you take great Macro images
What you will learn
- Advice on how to photograph macro from spiders to flowers
- How to use light (natural and artificial) to enhance our product
- How to take a photograph not just a snapshot
What you will get
- Class notes and ongoing support
- Small class max 4 persons
- Local venues with weekend classes available
What to bring
- Camera, Cards,ntebook and pen and an eagerness to learn
What to wear
Open to everyone interested!
Who am I
My name is Alwyn Hanson, I have been teaching photography for over 30 years in Melbourne. I have worked with and taught over 30,000 people including new users as well as training groups such as Victoria Police, MFB and many Government Departments.
I believe in teaching photography in a simple, logical way rather than boring lectures. My classes are short, practical and complete. Most are three hours long (My experience is longer classes don't always achieve good results)
I teach photography and software based on classes that have run with great success in my previous position as manager of Michaels Media School in the Melbourne CBD.
I am passionate about teaching and want you to use YOUR camera to take great photos.
I can teach you in a class or if you prefer at your home, cafe or local park.
You tell me what you want and I can make it happen.
Why Alwyns Photo School is different.
We believe in working WITH all the special features on the camera,NOT turning them all off and going manual. The camera companies have spent millions in development, so why reinvent the wheel. We can teach YOU how to take great photos on YOUR own digital camera.
Alwyns Photo School, making great photography easier.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund or transfer or credit note.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Classes are based on a Maximum of Four Students, in the unlikely event that the minimum number of bookings is not reached we will organise either an alternative date, offer and alternative class option or offer a full refund.
Outdoor workshops and events are subject to Weather if bad Weather is forecast (Based on BOM forecasts 48 hours ahead) we will offer an alternative date, or an alternative class option or offer a full refund.